GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"/////// The End Of Gamecube? /////////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
History repeats itself in many ways most notibally now in the console world, Look at my chart to see what i mean:

Playstation = Can chip the playstation so the games are cheaper, still around today.

Sega Saturn = Lol, Waste of money COULD NOT CHIP THE THING, not around today ------------> Console Graveyard.

Nintendo 64 = Could not chip the thing to get cheap games, had Heavy game prices -------------> Console Graveyard.

Dreamcast = Could play *Copied* Games on it without been chippped, only went to graveyard cause of lack of support and killed off by the PS2

PS2 = Can chip the thing, has loads of games already, Massave audience like it or not and one of the tree next-gen consoles.

Xbox = Becoming increasingly popular, Games catolougue getting bigger, can now get it chipped for a mere 50.00. (Now Sold More Than Gamecube)

Gamecube = Cant chip it, Not alot of classic games so far.....Sold less than the x-box and is even cheaper.

The Fact been that most of the consoles that you can get chipped, end up in the Console Graveyard, Does this spell Disaster For Our Beloved Gamecube??
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Erm....."
History repeats itself in many ways most notibally now in the console world, Look at my chart to see what i mean:

Playstation = Can chip the playstation so the games are cheaper, still around today.

Sega Saturn = Lol, Waste of money COULD NOT CHIP THE THING, not around today ------------> Console Graveyard.

Nintendo 64 = Could not chip the thing to get cheap games, had Heavy game prices -------------> Console Graveyard.

Dreamcast = Could play *Copied* Games on it without been chippped, only went to graveyard cause of lack of support and killed off by the PS2

PS2 = Can chip the thing, has loads of games already, Massave audience like it or not and one of the tree next-gen consoles.

Xbox = Becoming increasingly popular, Games catolougue getting bigger, can now get it chipped for a mere 50.00. (Now Sold More Than Gamecube)

Gamecube = Cant chip it, Not alot of classic games so far.....Sold less than the x-box and is even cheaper.

The Fact been that most of the consoles that you can get chipped, end up in the Console Graveyard, Does this spell Disaster For Our Beloved Gamecube??
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What are you talking about?
The n64 lasted for a very long time.
And why have you forgotten the biggest selling console of all time, the gameboy?
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Erm....."
Console that im talking about, i know the gameboy is *Sort* of a console and by the way the nintendo 64 didnt last very long at all. they only kept sellign it cause they needed the extra moeny for the Gc
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So now 6 years isn't very long.
And what about SNES, NES, Master System and Mega Drive?
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So you think that pirating software is a good idea?
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
You can chip a Gamecube...I'm sure of it...
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But it's the games that make the money, not the consoles. I'm glad that GC disks can't be pirated, as I feel pirating will be the downfall of the industry, if it carries on.
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
What the!!!! So what you're saying is a consoles success is dependant on it's ability to play pirated games? Perhaps one of the stupidest things I've read all day.
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But Sony didn't make enough money from the Playstation. Because of piraters.
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Erm....."
Answer my question so i can prove a point

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.