GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"/////// The End Of Gamecube? /////////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
History repeats itself in many ways most notibally now in the console world, Look at my chart to see what i mean:

Playstation = Can chip the playstation so the games are cheaper, still around today.

Sega Saturn = Lol, Waste of money COULD NOT CHIP THE THING, not around today ------------> Console Graveyard.

Nintendo 64 = Could not chip the thing to get cheap games, had Heavy game prices -------------> Console Graveyard.

Dreamcast = Could play *Copied* Games on it without been chippped, only went to graveyard cause of lack of support and killed off by the PS2

PS2 = Can chip the thing, has loads of games already, Massave audience like it or not and one of the tree next-gen consoles.

Xbox = Becoming increasingly popular, Games catolougue getting bigger, can now get it chipped for a mere 50.00. (Now Sold More Than Gamecube)

Gamecube = Cant chip it, Not alot of classic games so far.....Sold less than the x-box and is even cheaper.

The Fact been that most of the consoles that you can get chipped, end up in the Console Graveyard, Does this spell Disaster For Our Beloved Gamecube??
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:31
i meant 70 something not 7
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:30
i dont know why u saying gamecube dieing, you dont know nothing, even though the original ps p*ssed all over the n64, there was one thing n64 sold 46 million world wide and ps sold around 7 something i think, but nintendo made more than sony did even though the ps sold more, the reason being the ps was hit by piracy and chiping the console hurt sony's profits.
Anyway xbox aint doing better than gamecube gamecube is officially second in america, europe and obviously in its own turf.

the xbox and cube sold the same amount in november in the usa, even though the xbox is giving 2 great titles free, what does that say about the cube also the cube ws the most improving and had a greater demand in the usa whiched gave it a 2% market share in the console warz

so get your facts right b4 making a comment
Mon 23/12/02 at 12:24
"The Will of D."
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> The Phoenix wrote:
> Actaully the Gamecube can be chipped, but all you need to do is buy
> the Freeloader disc (damn you come to England!) or an Action Replay
> disc.
>
> You don't need to damge the Gamecube in anyway just because he's
> impatient at waiting for games to come into the country he's in.
>
> You'll been waiting for a while yet dude. The freeloader has *still*
> not come out, despite the fact that Datel originally said it would be
> released in June of this year! And that is the same for *all* regions
> - USA and JAP don't have the freeloader either. And as for the Action
> Replay/Game Shark (US name) this is scheduled to come out *after* the
> Freeloader!

Who said I wanted to buy it? I haven't been interested in importing games at all, well maybe for Golden Sun 2 on the GBA, but at least the GBA Universally compatable with all other countries.
Mon 23/12/02 at 12:10
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I have my Psx chipped and it was worth it in many ways.
But I found that I was buying two or three games a week and was never completing any of them except the really good ones.
I was addicted. No really I was. I kept buying more and more games. I have about 70 copied games now.
In the long run it was worth it but certain games had problems.
I used to also import games like Final Fantasy 9. I wasted good money on my Psx.
Though if the price of DVD-R's went down and the same with DVD rewriters i would buy a second hand ps2, chip it and buy loads of pirate games for it.
I would probably do the same with xbox.
But they would not get money out of me because I would be copying my own games. So, your original point is wrong.
Oh and in doing the above i would neglect my beautiful GC.
Sun 22/12/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
maddmun wrote:
> NES - Can't be chipped - Many Sold
> Master System - Can't be chipped - sold quite well
> SNES - Can't be chipped - Sold A lot
> Mega Drive - Can't be chipped - sold into the early 2000's in Argos
> GBA -\
> GB ---- Can't be chipped - Biggest selling console on earth, (SNES is
> the top selling on Mars by 3 units)
> GBC -/

Please can you explain the Mars thing?
Sat 21/12/02 at 23:38
Regular
NES - Can't be chipped - Many Sold
Master System - Can't be chipped - sold quite well
SNES - Can't be chipped - Sold A lot
Mega Drive - Can't be chipped - sold into the early 2000's in Argos
GBA -\
GB ---- Can't be chipped - Biggest selling console on earth, (SNES is the top selling on Mars by 3 units)
GBC -/
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:33
Regular
"  "
You copy them onto DVD's, not CD's. And DVD-R's are alot cheaper now. But copying games is skanky now. I'd rather buy/win them.
Sat 21/12/02 at 19:39
Regular
WOW, you can get copied PS2 games. The last time I checked you could only get half a PS2 game copied. Theres no point in copied PS2 games.

A standard PS2 game is around 1.5 GB. A standard CD size is about 800 MB. Me thinks that there is a slight problem here.

You see, that when you play a copied PS2 game you are most likely going to miss out on seeing many FMV sequences and therefore you will not know wtf is going on with the storyline.

This happened to me whilst playing a copied version of Headhunter on my DC. It skipped out the first FMV, the sequence that introduces you to the game and tells you wants going on. How perfetic is this?
Sat 21/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Is it right that the PS2 is already chipped?
Sat 21/12/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Bah dont be so silly. I cant be bothered about GC - XBox sales.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.