GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"***XBOX TV ADVERTS***"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 21:28
Regular
at last xbox adverts are appearing on the telly showing splinter cell etc then the big green X appears ha that'll show them gamecube adverts with there little zelda ha lol
Sun 22/12/02 at 20:19
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> He wasn't on about what happened in the advert Tilta he was talking
> about the slogan 'Life is too short, PLAY MORE!' I agree with EC on
> this one I believe that the death of a young child or baby is tradgic
> especially for those involved! Oh and if you don't care then shame on
> you because I know I certianly do!

Oh come off it. This is just like Princess Diana's death. Everyone cried, but the fact is, it happens all the time. Did you know a child dies every 8 seconds? Well donate some cash to 'Save The Children' and get over it. What Tiltawhirl's saying is perfectly logical. If you were upset over every death, you'd be in constand mourning.
Sun 22/12/02 at 20:13
Regular
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> Thats quite ignorant of you actually, you obviously have never
> experienced the death of a very young child in your family. So shut
> the f*&% up.

That's quite petty of you actually. People die all the time, and yes, it's tragic, but to inflict that pain on others by stupid things like 'Ban this advert' or 'Change the name of the two towers'.

Everyone have problems - you've just got to get on with life and not let it get to you. Banning that advert was just pathetic really.
Sun 22/12/02 at 19:44
There was nothing wrong with the advert.

It shows a person growing up and dying.

So what?
It happens every day.

Of course it happened fast. Unless they wanted the advert to last for 80 years then theres bound to be an increase in speed.

If you get upset watching stuff like that then you may as well sell your TV because theres worse stuff on cartoons.
Shall I get Tom and Jerry banned because I dont like cruelty to cats?
Sun 22/12/02 at 18:46
Regular
So basically you're now saying it's politically uncorrect to say to someone that life's too short.

A death of a baby is a tragic thing there's no doubt about it, but I really can't see there's anything wrong with slogan or the advert.

It's like the whole Hitman 2 racism malarky. It's just insane, you can't do anything these days without someone getting offended.

Anyway I don't want to continue this conversation, I can tell that my opinions are just gonna end up offending someone.
Sun 22/12/02 at 18:29
"+ suspicious minds"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Go read the Daily Mail or something...

Ack! Harsh!
Sun 22/12/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yeah, well it looked cool.
Sat 21/12/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Panasonic Rules !!!"
maverick 42 i can't read LOL i think you better put your glasses on and read your old post

i qoute: "you're all quite lame [except for the people i don't think are lame that narrows it down to wirlwind]

oh dear mate now who looks like a complete and utter ****
Sat 21/12/02 at 21:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Drdragon wrote:
> Apparently you can't spell 'you're' either.
>
> I hope you don't take this personally as I'm 'stating f@cts' as well
> but apparently you XBox noobs need to take some English lessons.

Rich that you're having a go about English lessons and yet you can't seem to spell 'facts'.
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:33
Regular
"Unretired"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> What fools..
>
> Actually the advert had the slogan "Life is short, play
> more" or something. This upset parents of children that died at
> birth.
>
> Surely the slogan "Life's a game" would upset people who
> have no life?
>
> E.g the people that took the time to write in and complain about a 30
> second advert.

Thats quite ignorant of you actually, you obviously have never experienced the death of a very young child in your family. So shut the f*&% up.
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:26
Regular
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> What fools..
>
> Actually the advert had the slogan "Life is short, play
> more" or something. This upset parents of children that died at
> birth.

Surely the slogan "Life's a game" would upset people who have no life?

E.g the people that took the time to write in and complain about a 30 second advert.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.