GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"***XBOX TV ADVERTS***"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 21:28
Regular
at last xbox adverts are appearing on the telly showing splinter cell etc then the big green X appears ha that'll show them gamecube adverts with there little zelda ha lol
Tue 24/12/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
He got his comupance!
Mon 23/12/02 at 21:39
gamer2007 wrote:
> xbox sucks every system is better then xbox. in a little while xbox
> will die its spending all of its money on advertisement. he isnt
> buying any more companys to make games so far later on in the year he
> is going to buy rare and make the game conkers bad fur day. that game
> is the bomb. when that comes out then it will kick some but. for now
> xbox sucks.

So you just assume the X-Box is male? Isnt that slightly sexist? For all you know the X-Box could be female.

Oh yeah, plus the rest of what you said was a load of junk.

The X-Box is not spending all "his" money because the X-Box is not alive. It does not eat, drink or spend money.
Mon 23/12/02 at 19:47
"+ suspicious minds"
why hello fanboy No# 2007.

I think that the 'how to post mindlessly forum' is in the next room. I'ts called FOG cha.
Mon 23/12/02 at 18:05
Regular
xbox sucks every system is better then xbox. in a little while xbox will die its spending all of its money on advertisement. he isnt buying any more companys to make games so far later on in the year he is going to buy rare and make the game conkers bad fur day. that game is the bomb. when that comes out then it will kick some but. for now xbox sucks.
Sun 22/12/02 at 23:16
Regular
GnomeKiller wrote:

> Personnaly, I see no moral problem with the advert, or the slogan. But
> to be fair there Tilta, you did sound pretty harsh.

How one earth did that sound harsh?

A death of a baby is a tragic thing, but that advert has absoloutly nothing to do with anything of that subject.

Anyway end of convo i've had enough of this morbid argument.
Sun 22/12/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> So basically you're now saying it's politically uncorrect to say to
> someone that life's too short.
>
> A death of a baby is a tragic thing there's no doubt about it, but I
> really can't see there's anything wrong with slogan or the advert.

Personnaly, I see no moral problem with the advert, or the slogan. But to be fair there Tilta, you did sound pretty harsh.
Sun 22/12/02 at 21:54
Regular
The Xbox adverts have always been nicely done.

Still, as good as MS might make their adverts, what use is it when consumers can eb so stupid! I quote a digitiser letter from around the Xbox launch:

"This is a conversation I had with a school friend:

Me: Seen the new Xbox adverts?

Friend: No. But the new PS2 adverts are fantastic!

Me: Which adverts are these?

Friend: You know, the cool one where this baby shoots out of a hospital, grows old in the air and lands in a grave as an old man...

It seems that Microsoft have their work cut out for them!!!"

Oh dear...
No wonder the PS2 has tripled the combined sales of the other 2 consoles, Playstation is such a powerful brand name...
Sun 22/12/02 at 21:39
Regular
Woah this has got a little bit out of hand.

Ummm let's just finish this convo right now.
Sun 22/12/02 at 21:24
"+ suspicious minds"
oh right, thats the reason.
Sun 22/12/02 at 20:41
Regular
Okay, that all sounded a little insensitive. What I mean is:

The death of a person (or even child) is always tragic, and it's a sad thing that a child does die every eight seconds. However, it's wrong to be constantly feeling bad and guilty - it's not your fault you're successful (in health or money). If you want to help, support events such as 'Save The Children' or 'Red Nose Day' or offer support to others.

Aiming this guilt or sadness at other things, though is really quite petty. That X-Box advert shouldn't be banned, and this petition to change the name of the new Lord Of The Rings film (The Two Towers) in light of the September 11th attacks is just quite pathetic. Sure, feel bad, donate, etc - but don't beat yourself up about it or go clutching at straws. It's just not right.

Well that's my opinion on the matter, anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.