GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Claim to Fame Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 01:20
Regular
Come on most people have one, what is your claim to fame, Something noticable you have done (mainly media). Ie i was on Jim'll fix it. Famous people you met or perhaps used to know. IE i used to have ballet lessons with MR T or I was in the diving club at my local pool with Jurgen Klinnsman. The funnier the better. Try to keep them true as well, I was voted most wanted man in supermodel monthly is unlikely to be believed, along with i pulled Kelly Brook. Any outrageous ones which can be backed up with evidence of some sort, such as i was the man who attacked John Prescott with photo or online news paper article will be most impressive. Obviously proof is not essential and a good (true) story is just as fun. At the end (although it probably won't happen as with most of these things) we shall try to discern who hindeed has the best claim to fame.
Fri 20/12/02 at 03:20
Regular
carry on winding yourself up. ya muppet.

i just posted becasue ashley was bursting for me to post a reply.

Ariel Ortega headbutted van der sar in the world cup of 98.
Fri 20/12/02 at 03:23
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Or†ega wrote:
> Ariel Ortega headbutted van der sar in the world cup of 98.

Oh, I see, my apologies. :)

Did he head-butt anyone when he was leaving World Cup 2002 extremely early?
Fri 20/12/02 at 03:28
Regular
After just starting a new season on Championship manager with my local team (Stevenage) I just remembered that i used to work with one of thier reserve team players! James Taylor. He's on Champ manager.

Thats about as good as it gets...
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:06
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I hit barry Norman (of Film 92 fame) in the leg with a cricket ball when I was batting. I was about 8.

My band has supported OneDice and Hundred reasons, and the guitarist plays in another band who have played with liads of people.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I posted this in the movies forum under the "guess who i saw today" thread but I'll repost it for the exposure I truly deserve:

I played cricket with Viv Richards in Antigua and all his West Indies cricketing mates. It was the coolest day of my life - cold Red Stripes in the cooler, red snapper on the barbecue, hot sunshine and the soothing noise of willow on leather. Ahh, the good old days.

Who else? I saw Scary Spice a year ago, walked past half of Atomic Kitten (they look incredibly young), served Frank Butcher ("a pack of rizlas and half an ounce of golden virginia, guvnor!") when I worked in a shop, met Kathy Lloyd and, one of the best of all, had a picture done with Jo Guest in her bikini!

But my crowning glory came when I used to work part-time in an airport - during Euro 96 I met the whole of the England team - and they even signed a football for me which is secretly guarded away at an undisclosed location. Now that was cool.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:23
Right ok!?

At leeds festival this year i met and had a beer with,
Corey Taylor (slipknot)
Mick woteva (Slipknot)
The ash lead singer
Bassist out of New found glory
And Finch.

Also my girlfriends brother plays for aston villa.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Today wrote:

> Also my girlfriends brother plays for aston villa.

Cool. Who is he?
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:46
"I hate that!!!"
Ummm, i'm related to Tony :p
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:50
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I was on...

*Get Fresh* at bristol zoo, 1988, dressed as a pencil case. I was 6 1/2

Neil Bucanon whapped me round the head when is was messing about. My delayed (and shall I say dramatic for the camera) reaction is hilarious. Takes about 5 seconds for the hit to register.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:50
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Um. I made a single with Jive bunny (and 400 other Kids)

*hides*

I've also done the lighting for a few gigs at Sheffield Uni.
The best was Soulfly.

And Paul Oakenfold spoke to me once, but I ignored him because I thought he was some random mad person.

I'll go now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.