GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Claim to Fame Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 01:20
Regular
Come on most people have one, what is your claim to fame, Something noticable you have done (mainly media). Ie i was on Jim'll fix it. Famous people you met or perhaps used to know. IE i used to have ballet lessons with MR T or I was in the diving club at my local pool with Jurgen Klinnsman. The funnier the better. Try to keep them true as well, I was voted most wanted man in supermodel monthly is unlikely to be believed, along with i pulled Kelly Brook. Any outrageous ones which can be backed up with evidence of some sort, such as i was the man who attacked John Prescott with photo or online news paper article will be most impressive. Obviously proof is not essential and a good (true) story is just as fun. At the end (although it probably won't happen as with most of these things) we shall try to discern who hindeed has the best claim to fame.
Fri 20/12/02 at 14:07
John Terry lives down the road and I see him in sainsburys!
(Ashley will like that)

My mates auntie is Debbie Mcghee (I think thats it) who is Paul Daniels bird.

(:)
Fri 20/12/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Oh I have thought of another one! I saw the guy from the Hula Hoops advert in the street and if anyone watched "Castaway" on BBC1, I saw Toby and his girlfriend on the train!

Wow!
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:57
Regular
"One More Chance"
I met Rolf Harris and former Derby County manager Jim Smith.
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:53
"slightlyshortertagl"
I once had an interview on MBC (arabic news channel) after my mum phoned them up to tell them about me passing my Maths GCSE at 9 years old. They came to my school and all. When I got home that evening I watched it and it had turned out that they'd wandered into my room and house filmed the place and wwent off..

I also have a load of newspaper clippings (mainly arabic) with old pictures of me.

*runs downstairs to check clippings*

The only English paper I was in was the Ealing Gazette.

Thats my cliam to fame :-)
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
P@st@ wrote:
> Oh, and I met boy george at escape in the park, I was marshalling the
> publis carpark, and he drove in (by mistake).

You met Boy george in a carpark? Hmm.. sound's dodgy to me.
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Oh, I have met Neil Hodgson, Chris Walker, and Steve Hislop, to you'se
> interested in bike racing.

That's cool... where was that? at the races?
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm gerrid
I also discovered that Diego Forlan and Karol Poborsky were the same person.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:58
Regular
"  "
Oh, I have met Neil Hodgson, Chris Walker, and Steve Hislop, to you'se interested in bike racing. What else. Oh, I was presented some player of the year footy trophy by Grant Brown, an ex Lincoln City player. Hmmm, my Mum got a mention on the Mark and Lard show, ho ho. Erm, shuck hand with Eric Pollard out of Emmerdale. Hmm, been to Osama Bin Ladens house for tea once. That's about it.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Nå†ßu© wrote:

> Ahem, that's Neil BUCHANAN. :)

My mistake! :-)
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:56
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Oh, and I met boy george at escape in the park, I was marshalling the publis carpark, and he drove in (by mistake).

'Wheres the artist car park'

'Um um um your Boy George'

'Yes'

'Dunno to be honest, I'll call in'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.