GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Claim to Fame Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 01:20
Regular
Come on most people have one, what is your claim to fame, Something noticable you have done (mainly media). Ie i was on Jim'll fix it. Famous people you met or perhaps used to know. IE i used to have ballet lessons with MR T or I was in the diving club at my local pool with Jurgen Klinnsman. The funnier the better. Try to keep them true as well, I was voted most wanted man in supermodel monthly is unlikely to be believed, along with i pulled Kelly Brook. Any outrageous ones which can be backed up with evidence of some sort, such as i was the man who attacked John Prescott with photo or online news paper article will be most impressive. Obviously proof is not essential and a good (true) story is just as fun. At the end (although it probably won't happen as with most of these things) we shall try to discern who hindeed has the best claim to fame.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:20
Regular
Come on most people have one, what is your claim to fame, Something noticable you have done (mainly media). Ie i was on Jim'll fix it. Famous people you met or perhaps used to know. IE i used to have ballet lessons with MR T or I was in the diving club at my local pool with Jurgen Klinnsman. The funnier the better. Try to keep them true as well, I was voted most wanted man in supermodel monthly is unlikely to be believed, along with i pulled Kelly Brook. Any outrageous ones which can be backed up with evidence of some sort, such as i was the man who attacked John Prescott with photo or online news paper article will be most impressive. Obviously proof is not essential and a good (true) story is just as fun. At the end (although it probably won't happen as with most of these things) we shall try to discern who hindeed has the best claim to fame.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:22
Regular
My claim to fame is having a topic started about me in the Nintendo forum, and then someone actually starting a petition about me on petitionsonline.com.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:27
Regular
Personally I won't be winning this one, (so it wasn't a self setup topic) the only famous people of any real noted I have ever met, are Trevor Francis the first 1 million pound footballer and sky pundit, and I met Natalie Imbruglia just randomly in the street a while back, Lucky me. In terms of media worthy events, i can claim zero. Haven't met anyone of any real repute. Bonus points shall be awarded for personal meetings with John Leslie, Barrymore, Les Dennis, Jeffrey archer, Peter Mandelson or any legendary Kids TV icon.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:34
Regular
Oh and for anyone who has the honour of having the night show with Steve Penk (Capital Radio Network), I managed to prank my way on air pretending to pe the deputy director of Madison Square Gardens, calling up to complain about that Prank comedian Scottie Ellis.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:36
Regular
I headbutted Edwin Van der sar in the summer of 1998.

I just saw him and i dont know what came over me...i just felt the sudden urge to clonk him one.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:39
Regular
forgive me if i don't believe you! you could have at least said: "i was the one who smeared butter on Dudeks goalie gloves!"
Fri 20/12/02 at 02:22
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Or†ega wrote:
> I headbutted Edwin Van der sar in the summer of 1998.

Boll*cks.
Fri 20/12/02 at 02:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Many many people. People you would be jealous of too.

I don't boast though.

:P
Fri 20/12/02 at 02:46
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Heh. Name dropping time then I guess:

When I was 14 I went to see Kingmaker and an upcoming band called Elastica were supporting them. Anyway, I helped the guitarist, Donna off the stage. She was fit as feck.

I went to school with James Beattie. (didn't I Ashley?) :)

Reg Holdsworth (Ken Morley) lives near me and comes in my local every-so-often.

That's about it.
Fri 20/12/02 at 02:49
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Or†ega wrote:
> I just saw him and i dont know what came over me...i just felt the
> sudden urge to clonk him one.

Sorry, but this stupid comment has wound me up. Why lie about something so ridiculous?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.