GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are The PS2 Games worth £45?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
I do believe that some of the PS2 games at the minuite are not actually worth 40 of 45 pounds!!

I went into EB yesterday and was going to buy the Ministry of Sounds Music Generator (£40), when I saw E-Jay for the PC-CDROM for only £15!!!

If they are going to sell games like Rayman (M or Revolution) for £40 - £45 I'l start buying them for PS1 which are only £15!!!!

I suggest that PS2 lower their prices by about £5 or £10 pounds, as they would sell better and would probably gain a better prophit as more people would be buying them!!

Do you agree with me???

Tell me what you think!!!!!

I am also curious if you think the PC-CDROM games are better quality and are cheaper?

Thanks!!!

!!!Turn it up!!!
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:17
Eh?

Someone slap me, I think I'm in the wrong thread.
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:15
Chill guys!!!! No need to argue and if you r going to agrue take it somewhere else!! OK!!!!!
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:12
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Pro Evo wrote:
Ill let you laugh this once..but never again! :D

Spoilsport! You'll just have to proof read what you post in future....LOL!
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:00
Regular
"360: swfcman"
LOL, ok i meant PS2 game. :D

Ill let you laugh this once..but never again! :D
Thu 07/02/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Pro Evo wrote:
>I cant remember the last time i saw a PS2 costing £40

Neither can I, I want to know where you can get a PS2 for £40???

You should be snapping these up and making a killing on the open market.....lol :)
Thu 07/02/02 at 15:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have to ask where are you lot buying your games from!? I cant remember the last time i saw a PS2 costing £40, all the ones i buy are £30 or at most £35 from here and high street shops such as EB and game. Granted shops like MVC and Dixons have always charged high prices but its up to you to search for the best prices.

As for are the games worth there money, that depends on whether you buy them are not. Games like Pro Evo, GTA 3 are worth there money obviously because most people actually own these games and so see the money well spent. Other games such as the usual hash Disney games or Potter are not worth there so you dont buy them. Simple.
Thu 07/02/02 at 11:13
Going back to one of the earlier points. You don't have to order over the Net for places like SR. The phone, or good old fashioned post work just as well.
Wed 06/02/02 at 22:45
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Or†ega wrote:
> Play send all thier Region 2 DVDs and Games by recorded delivery, so any problems would have caused by the postal service.

Doh....I knew I should have said that, thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious Ortega!

>Are PS2 games worth £45? Try selling one of them, you'll get no where near that figure :)

I think i've only sold 2 PSx games in the 5 years I had it and still have them all, as for PS2 games well they wont be sold either and yep I know exactly what you mean, you will never end up recouping your initial outlay.
Wed 06/02/02 at 22:36
Regular
Play send all thier Region 2 DVDs and Games by recorded delivery, so any problems would have caused by the postal service.

Are PS2 games worth £45? Try selling one of them, you'll get no where near that figure :)
Wed 06/02/02 at 22:32
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> Games like GTA3 are DEFINITLEY worth the full £45!! They offer you
> everything you could want for gameplaying, except a multiplayer mode - oh well,
> more for yourself!
You won't find yourself bored of a game like this, untill
> GTA4 is released!! And that probably won't appear untill the PS3 arrives!

GTA 3'S RRP is £39.00 so whoever is charging you 44 is ripping u off unlike SR are the best I feel.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.