GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are The PS2 Games worth £45?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
I do believe that some of the PS2 games at the minuite are not actually worth 40 of 45 pounds!!

I went into EB yesterday and was going to buy the Ministry of Sounds Music Generator (£40), when I saw E-Jay for the PC-CDROM for only £15!!!

If they are going to sell games like Rayman (M or Revolution) for £40 - £45 I'l start buying them for PS1 which are only £15!!!!

I suggest that PS2 lower their prices by about £5 or £10 pounds, as they would sell better and would probably gain a better prophit as more people would be buying them!!

Do you agree with me???

Tell me what you think!!!!!

I am also curious if you think the PC-CDROM games are better quality and are cheaper?

Thanks!!!

!!!Turn it up!!!
Sun 10/02/02 at 15:27
I if remember rightly I paid £60 for Streetfighter 2 on the Megadrive about 10 years ago. You youngsters don't know how good you've got it!
Sat 09/02/02 at 10:09
I totaly agree, the games should be put down a tenner or two but keeping them the same price when the concole has been cut in price twice!!!
Fri 08/02/02 at 15:50
Regular
"size does matter"
I'd agree with those who say that who would pay £45 for a game???

Even from amazon you can get most of the games for less than £35. It's okay for me to pay £30-£35 for a game

And for those who have that chance: ordering out of the EU will take a whole lot of VAT off of that price, too...
Fri 08/02/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Sony make money on there games. period. The price of the PS2 (compared to what you would pay for a PC that could run the same games) is ridiculus, and a loss leader. And games have got cheaper since the last generation (the N64's launch titles were £60 -£70 pounds, and even though they were cart's I don't understand why).

You also have to remeber that very few games come directly from sony, it takes months (and sometimes years) to develop a game, with teams of people anywhere between 20 -50 people (each being paid a reasonable salery). The developers then have to pay for a sony licence to produce the game for PS2 and then pay commision to sony. On top of this add production, packaging, storage, and the rent etc from shops and i think you will be looking at around 15 - 20 quid per disc.

However they are rip off's at most places (i've never bought a game above £40 (unless it came with something (e.g. dk64 came with an expansion pack) and compared to what americans and japanese are paying for there games we are as always being ripped off. And knocking a tenner off of them wouldn't be a bad thing. Or you can just buy here or on other sites on the internet.
Fri 08/02/02 at 10:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> Are you lot really that bothered about how much the games cost???
>Yeah, £45 is quite a bit, but aren't they around a tenner less here at SR?? GTA3's only £33.99 I think? What a deal!!

No I think you'll find most people hear order most of their games off the web, either here or from other sources. I'm not worried because as you pointed out, most games here are £10 cheaper than the high street shops.

It's just the few people who maybe use this forum just for chat and forget about ordering games from here or other places.
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Are you lot really that bothered about how much the games cost???
Yeah, £45 is quite a bit, but aren't they around a tenner less here at SR??
GTA3's only £33.99 I think? What a deal!!
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:27
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I think the words there are "opps, I didn't read the post properly" need to come from Naty!

Still your comment about the cost of games I agree with, I really do not know why people moan about the cost of games.

The way I look at it, yes I really would like to own all the games for the PS2, but my budget doesn't stretch to a couple of million pounds so I'm forced to make decisions.

Those decisions are that I will try and pick the best game that's on the market and this forum certainly helps because of the amount of feedback you get about them.

Then I go searching for the prices, here, Play247, town shops etc (why I go to the local shops I really don't know, oh yes I do.....lol at the prices) and then order from the cheapest place.

Very simple and I really can't understand why other don't do the same!?
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Jive wrote:

Apologies to Pro Evo if I upset you in anyway?

lol, no need, i think the Naty guy just...erm....well i dont understand how he came to think we were argueing. :D
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well I thought Pro Evo and I were having a bit of a laugh! I don't know whether you noticed the "LOL" bit in Pro Evo's post, that usually means laugh out loud, well so I thought?

Apologies to Pro Evo if I upset you in anyway?
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Erm.......i dont think you call that argueing mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.