GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are The PS2 Games worth £45?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
I do believe that some of the PS2 games at the minuite are not actually worth 40 of 45 pounds!!

I went into EB yesterday and was going to buy the Ministry of Sounds Music Generator (£40), when I saw E-Jay for the PC-CDROM for only £15!!!

If they are going to sell games like Rayman (M or Revolution) for £40 - £45 I'l start buying them for PS1 which are only £15!!!!

I suggest that PS2 lower their prices by about £5 or £10 pounds, as they would sell better and would probably gain a better prophit as more people would be buying them!!

Do you agree with me???

Tell me what you think!!!!!

I am also curious if you think the PC-CDROM games are better quality and are cheaper?

Thanks!!!

!!!Turn it up!!!
Tue 19/02/02 at 14:11
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
If too many people start saying they would happily pay 50 pds for games then they will put the prices up instead of down - careful there - big bro is watching !!
Tue 19/02/02 at 09:24
Regular
Some games are worth it and some are not. I'd happily pay 50 pounds for GTA3, FFX and Metal Gear 2. But games like Polaroid pete and Hard Hitter are being released cheaper. Although 40 pounds for Parappa 2 and such games is a bit much.
Mon 18/02/02 at 23:04
Regular
"Touched!"
I think no game is worht £40 really, thats why i buy many of my games from sr because they are cheaper and reliable.
many people cannot affrod £40 games and its annoying when you buy one game and finish it and there are loads of other top quality titles out but cannot afford to get them, the platinum range will make certain games £20 but you will have to wait a while for certain games to be that price, by then you will have probably lost interest.
Mon 18/02/02 at 22:57
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I think that the price of the PS2 games is goingto gradually drop over the next year or so. Only few months ago, have we seen games like ahem Warriors of Might and Magic sitting on the shelf at £40 a copy and they were tottally shi.....ny and made great beer mats...

I always think for quite some time before I go out and buy a game. At this moment I cannot allow myself to look at the latest PS2 magazine and say "Ah, I quite like the look of that. I am gonna order it tonight" I have always considered all the factors before buying my games and this is why I do not consider having a bad game in my collection...
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:49
ps2 games in my area are £40-45 and i just can't afford to get them, i buy them form a place called gametrading.co.uk new ones but they do seel 2nd hand and i buy the rest from special reserve, cheaper and better value and i enjoy them more somehow?
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I dont see where your getting these £40-45 tag prices from, i never see them anywhere. I was only in my local town a few days ago and even the newest games like Wipout were still only £35 in the likes of EB and HMV. Maybe im just lucky, or the topic has some slight exaguration going on.
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
They arn't normally new at auctions either
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:51
Regular
"accidental superher"
usual prices for ps2 games
in shops: 40-45
online: 33-38
auctions: 20-27

well now you know where i get all my games...
but auctions are quite risky sometimes
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I agree with the majority here - who pays £45.00 for a game anyway - even EB only charge £40.00 nowadys but anygame you want you can find for between 30 and 40 if you look around enough, either the shops or on Internet sites will always reduced prices.

Wether or not the games are worth 45.00 is a moot point anyway - developers and publishers will argue that they are due to the development costs etc involved and a good game would be worth that money easily - it comes down to what the market is prepared to pay for games and we are not prepared to pay that sort of money. It comes down to how many they want to sell - if the game is good enough then enough people will buy it to enable them to sell at a lower price and still make a reasonable profit. If the game is cack then they try to sell it at an inflated price knowing that that is necessary again to try and recoup enough revenue to turn a profit. So it's catch 22. If the publishers put the price down for the good games knowing they will shift bucketloads nowbody will buy the cack games on a whim when they cost more in the first place so what solution is there - set prices at a more realistic and affordable price in the first place of around £35 and make sure you only release good games (the second one will never happen)

If the rumours are anything to go on all this debate is probably academic anyway - Sony are soon going to be releasing a PS2 equivalent of the Platinum range at reduced prices and the RRP for new release is to drop together with the price for the console in order to maintain Sony's lead over Xpensive-Box and Gamecube - cheaper gaming is on the way as we speak......
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:32
Really!! Well that console was a rip off so maybe you will apeciate good quality games for the PS2!!!

The games should be lowered in price as the console has been cut in price twice!!!

If they are going to keep them at £45 I think that they should bring out more top class games like GTA3 or Devil May Cry!!!

And people are complaining about the 1st class stamp being too dear!!! For crying out loud, I have to pay £45 while they are complaining about paying 40 PENCE!!!!!!! For Goodness sake

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.