GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the Shenmue games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Sun 29/12/02 at 13:43
Regular
So Yo Suzuki's classic isn't accepted by all as a great game, some even think it is rubbish, but what do you think of the Shenmue games? Personally I believe they are the greatest games ever created and with all things considered I have yet to see above a handful of games that can match the quality of Shenmue 1+2 in any of the departments. From the story to the graphics to the ambient sounds as you walk through the towns, Shenmue is a game that I will always remember.

Anything positive, anything negative please share your views on the Shenmue games and see if we can make some suggestions to the gameplay which will play a feature part in the up and coming Shenmue games. Where do you rate them on the scale of greatest game of all time? Anything you have to say about them please put it in here so that I can compile the data and try to understand where the 3rd Shenmue will take us!
Thu 27/03/03 at 23:46
Regular
"All about the Beats"
bortthemule wrote:
> shenmue games are the best i just love the combonation of real life
> and combat (wich i have to say is one of the best i have come accross)

I Agree
Wed 26/03/03 at 18:10
Regular
"lag finder general"
shenmue games are the best i just love the combonation of real life and combat (wich i have to say is one of the best i have come accross)
Sun 16/03/03 at 16:01
DreamWarBird wrote:
> The lastest is that its/has been made into a CGI movie.
>
> I think it was shown in Japan
>
> No plans to release over here, i think.

Meh, twould be nice if it was though...
Sun 16/03/03 at 12:20
Regular
"All about the Beats"
The lastest is that its/has been made into a CGI movie.

I think it was shown in Japan

No plans to release over here, i think.
Sun 16/03/03 at 00:03
Shenmue 3 is comming out, is it, i knoe that shenmue 2 is comming out on the xbox on the 23 of this month, but i didnt know that shenmue 3 was comming out...
Are you sure that you are not just getting these mixed up...
Sat 15/03/03 at 23:43
Regular
"pies r good"
the shenmue series was my best ever games era, i just couldnt get enough of those games...too bad about the whole downfal thing, one things for sure, al b renten out an xbox when shenmue 3 comes out. andy
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:34
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> I just bought Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn. If I tell you how much
> I paid for it, you'll probably hunt me down and shoot me dead.
>
> I must have money to burn...

Are you going to say how much you payed or what?
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I just bought Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn. If I tell you how much I paid for it, you'll probably hunt me down and shoot me dead.

I must have money to burn...
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:59
"Uzi Lover"
I see...
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:58
Regular
Hi its Pal88 here.
Shenmue is the best of its kind and although ive only ever played it once and completed it i still want this game and the second shenmue game aswell.

I dont really know what i like about this game but there is something there that just pulls you in again and again.

Does anybody out there not want there shenmue games..... if not then email me at

[email protected]
Surely theres somebody out there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.