GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the Shenmue games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Sun 29/12/02 at 13:43
Regular
So Yo Suzuki's classic isn't accepted by all as a great game, some even think it is rubbish, but what do you think of the Shenmue games? Personally I believe they are the greatest games ever created and with all things considered I have yet to see above a handful of games that can match the quality of Shenmue 1+2 in any of the departments. From the story to the graphics to the ambient sounds as you walk through the towns, Shenmue is a game that I will always remember.

Anything positive, anything negative please share your views on the Shenmue games and see if we can make some suggestions to the gameplay which will play a feature part in the up and coming Shenmue games. Where do you rate them on the scale of greatest game of all time? Anything you have to say about them please put it in here so that I can compile the data and try to understand where the 3rd Shenmue will take us!
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:58
Regular
"we escape....."
I NEVER PLAYED SHENMUE 2 BUT THIS SUMMER I WILL WEN I PURCHASE MY DREAMCAST!
Fri 20/06/03 at 00:53
Regular
"None Stored"
which do you think is better shenmue 1 or 2?
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Both Shenmue games are pure gaming brilliance. I have both for the DC, haven't got the X-Box version yet but I think I will because a certain store have a buy 2 get 1 free deal just now, so I'll get it for free since I've already completed it for the DC.

But when I first played through Shenmue I thought it was amazing, both in terms of gameplay and graphics. And a brilliant story aswell, apart from maybe the GTA series, Shenmue is certainly one of my favourite series' ever. To be honest, if Shenmue wasn't around I reckon my DC would be long gone by now.

Shenmue 3 for X-Box I hope!
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:46
Shenmue is the best game i have ever played, and i have alot of games...
I even bought it on the Xbox just now completed it in 6 days...
The DVD that comes with it is pretty good too...
Shenmue is the best game ever, i think...
Wed 18/06/03 at 13:09
"I love yo... lamp."
Yep. Quite simply Shenmue rocks.
Wed 18/06/03 at 09:40
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
I think that THE SHENMUE series is excellent. I got it on the dream cast and the day i got it i was hooked. Then i got shenmue II and that was amazing, its my fave game ever. i also have Shenmue II on the xbox and its just as good. cant wait for the next one!
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:03
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I just paid £28 for Secret of Mana 2 :O/ Although that was probably worth it..

I got Shenmue I with my Dreamcast and Shenmue II for £14, although the latter was in quite bad condition. Shenmue I is just art, it's a brave attempt at taking a game as close to reality as current hardware permits, and it almost succeeds. As a game it is flawed but it is simply beautiful in every respect.

Shenmue II I've been too busy to load. I'd better not find out the disks are missing when I go to play it :O/
Mon 12/05/03 at 02:02
Regular
I think I'm a rarity in that I prefer Shenmue to Shenmue 2. Both of truly amazing games though. I play Shenmue through a projector with a seven foot wide screen using the vga option it looks truly amazing and my samsung home cinema system gives me 5.1 channel prologic 2 surround sound. The atmosphere is soo rich it almost brings tears to my eyes. sometimes I just wander around just to enjoy the amazing graphics. Christmas time snow is fantastic and sooo beautiful. A true virtual world adventure.
Sat 29/03/03 at 12:45
Shenmue 2 is twice as good as shenmue 1, go and buy it as soon as you can, you will be amazed at how good it is...
I would say it is xbox, PS2 and GC graphics...
I cant wait to get it foe xbox, i have it on DC, but i think it may be slightly better on xbox...
Fri 28/03/03 at 14:29
Regular
Yo man i just got the shenmue 1 game the other day and it is the best game ive ever played.

In about 2 weeks time im gettin the 2nd one is it any good?

Let me know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.