GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"er-no in America."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 22:43
Regular
Hi, this is more a 'advice please?' topic.

I am looking at my future...

*waits for laughter to stop*

... ok. My ambition is to be a director/producer. However, recently I have read that to have a better chance of fulfilling my dream would be to go to America to University once I have finished my A Levels in this country. Which would involve me applying for a place within the next couple of weeks to make sure I have that guarentee.

I am in contact with the University of Los Angeles, I have done my homework and its either LA or Texas for the course of 'Film Production'. I know I have the abilities, sadly the fact is (without my head popping) I know more about digital editing and cameras then any of my VCE Media (Double Award) tutors at my college. Sad that.

At the moment I am producing a film trailer as part of the coursework, I will send this out to people over in the US to have a look at my work. However, this one huge question hangs over me.

It is a huge life changing decision. What would you do in my situation? Please?

Thank you
er-no

Should I go or should I stay. Either way, I will try my best.
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Remember Mr Er-no, if you go to America - "There are no cats in America, and the streets are paved with cheese". Just a little bit of advice from a mousey friend of mine.
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
monkey_man wrote:
> Remember Mr Er-no, if you go to America - "There are no cats in America,
> and the streets are paved with cheese". Just a little bit of advice from a
> mousey friend of mine.

Ok.. that was the most amazing piece of information.
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:40
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
How many times have you been to America?
By the way if anyones interesting you can watch the new Britney spears Pepsi ad on yahoo.com.

America is a cool place, but check the uni out in person, if its liek any of the uk ones it could be poor as a army man game.
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:43
Regular
You get Frat Houses in America, that's a good enough reason for me too go to America.

And if that doesn't sway you they have restraunts called Hooters and beleive it or not but they have Cereal called Cap'n'crunch.

If you don't want too go after that then you never will.
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:45
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
goto america and everyone one will be nice to you. They just LOVE the english and our quaint accents and thatched cottages.
Tue 05/02/02 at 00:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Lord Semajal wrote:
> goto america and everyone one will be nice to you. They just LOVE the english
> and our quaint accents and thatched cottages.

And because we saved there hinds in World War III.

*too much Simpsons*
Tue 05/02/02 at 00:13
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
good luck whatever u decide....
Tue 05/02/02 at 00:15
Regular
"everyone says it"
Prodigy wrote:
> good luck whatever u decide....

At the moment I shall go into library in London and research into most of the universities in America, to get a feel and also see what I shall need etc... (in the form of acedemic qualifications)
Tue 05/02/02 at 00:36
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
tell us how you got on er-no.

i'm thinking of going over there to study but the fees can be huge :(

trouble is i haven't got anything that can really help me get into a collage over there as in low low grades in almost everything.

research it a bit if i were you and make sure wherever you decide to stay that it has braod band access and cable :)
Tue 05/02/02 at 00:36
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
you might have to take some of their entry exams and stuff if you apply like that girl laura spence did

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.