GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"er-no in America."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 22:43
Regular
Hi, this is more a 'advice please?' topic.

I am looking at my future...

*waits for laughter to stop*

... ok. My ambition is to be a director/producer. However, recently I have read that to have a better chance of fulfilling my dream would be to go to America to University once I have finished my A Levels in this country. Which would involve me applying for a place within the next couple of weeks to make sure I have that guarentee.

I am in contact with the University of Los Angeles, I have done my homework and its either LA or Texas for the course of 'Film Production'. I know I have the abilities, sadly the fact is (without my head popping) I know more about digital editing and cameras then any of my VCE Media (Double Award) tutors at my college. Sad that.

At the moment I am producing a film trailer as part of the coursework, I will send this out to people over in the US to have a look at my work. However, this one huge question hangs over me.

It is a huge life changing decision. What would you do in my situation? Please?

Thank you
er-no

Should I go or should I stay. Either way, I will try my best.
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:21
Regular
"everyone says it"
Prodigy wrote:
> In my head that sounded far less like a newspaper starsign and much more like
> sound advice, anyone good luck and good hunting

I bet it did, no really. Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions, and yes I have kinda made a decision. That is that I will be deciding something soon. :)
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
You don't have to listen to me (why should you, you don't know me) however...

If it's a dream to do this and become a film producer then I say go for it, otherwise you will always think back and wonder about what could have been.

This is probably a qoute from somewhere but it's quite suitable here.

You don't get many chances of making a dream come true so when that oppertunity comes along grab it with both hands.

After all if it dosn't work out you can always say you tried.

It's really down to you in the end though.
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:47
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
In my head that sounded far less like a newspaper starsign and much more like sound advice, anyone good luck and good hunting
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:45
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Apart from life or death, no decisions are final, whatever you decide you can always come back, and for every potential disaster a victory can be found.

The world is at your feet, and its your decision which path to take which every one you decide will be the right one for you.

good luck in your decisions, iam sure you will do well whatever.
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
GasMask wrote:
> What ever decision you make, make the right one.

That comment smelt of smelly things.

I am, therefore I am.

Not exactly the Cogito... is it Gasmask.
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
What ever decision you make, make the right one.
Tue 05/02/02 at 19:12
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Yes. Don't let change hold you back, but make sure it's change for the good.

Yes but Grix its a decision once made I cannot go back on?

That is what is scaring me so.
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:30
Regular
Yes. Don't let change hold you back, but make sure it's change for the good.
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:26
yes go er-no, but before you go change all your future GAD wins into my name!
:)
Tue 05/02/02 at 17:52
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
well sounds like you've got a good set of choices, if u do go let me know how easy it is to get a games job out there, i testing contract in america would be pretty good....

Plus the girls out there love a bit of english, :-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.