GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate to say it but Playstation 2 is the best console."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
I got an N64 and I really liked it, I always thought that the Playstation was crap because it had really poor graphics compared to the N64 and it had these really annoying loading times. But now I have seen how the Playstation is still having games developed for it and the N64 is dead, I have seen how bad the N64 really was. Although it had some good games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, e.t.c... You look at how many games were released that were absolutely crap; South Park, Superman, Carmageddon.
Most of the games were really childish, I can only count 2 games that were 18 and a few other 15. Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day were the only games intended for an older audience. A few Turok games were 15 and some other games were. But most of the games were really childish and easy. Mario 64 was mega simple. Zelda, although it has some hard bits, wasn't really as challenging as I thought and my little sister even managed to complete it. Looking at the Gamecube, most of the games that are going to come out are going to be very childish and although they probably will be quite good, I need more harder games.
Also, the Playstation has got a larger market of games because more people own the console, Playstation has been out for over a year now and it has had no competition. The Gamecube or Xbox will never be able to gain back the sales becuase the Playstation 2 will be cheaper and it will have tonnes more games to play.
I was intendingon getting a Gamecube but now I have decided that I will get a PS2 because it will be cheaper, it will have loads more games on it and it won't be as childsh.
I might sound like I hate the Gamecube but I don't, it is going to do well but I just feel that PS2 has got the head start and that the Gamecube is going to be quite childish.
And before any of you decide to do a big fat list of hard games, have a look at the amount of games that were ever realeased (not many compared to the psx) and look at how many childish games there are.
Tue 05/02/02 at 10:55
Regular
"not dead"
I'd like to hear his answer too, because I've heard that it doesn't play too well. ;-)
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:54
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
So, you've played Zelda on the GC eh?

Did you buy a copy on import by any chance

Sonic
PS I wanna see his answer to this one...
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:51
Regular
saviour of sheep wrote:
> You can't say the Gamecube is bad if you haven't played on it!!!

I've played games on all 3 consoles (PS2 PAL, Gamecube JAP NTSC and XBox US NTSC).

All have good points and all have bad points. PS2 and Gamecube (after playing both) are CURRENTLY equal whereas XBox already runs away with it! Zelda on GC plays good, nice and smooth gameplay. So does Gotham Racing on XBox. Same again, with better visuals.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:08
"penguins in hawaii?"
You can't say the Gamecube is bad if you haven't played on it!!!
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Let me guess Phi11ip, you say the PS2 is no., when you haven't even played a single game on the Cube or X-box!!
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Go away you tibb!
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:21
"penguins in hawaii?"
How can people say that the gamecube is aimed at a younger audience? Even if it was, it would still sell like hot cakes, because the fact is, Ninty have a better rep. than Sony!
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
How can you say the PS2 is aimed at everyone Phi11ip??? Look, GTA3, Dead or Alive, Devil May Cry....would you really see a 5 year old playing these games???
NO! They'd be playing Mario, Sonic, or even Zelda. Something that they can understand and enjoy, and so can older people. I bet you're about 15, doubt it's much younger.
Mon 04/02/02 at 11:01
Regular
"not dead"
Phi11ip wrote:

> Nintendo have got the younger gaming audience
> while Ps2 is aimed at everyone.

See, I think you're wrong here. Nintendo HAVE got the younger audience, with that I agree, but surely this also means they have the family market? As such the games released have a universal appeal.

Playstation 2 is clearly marketed to a more specificage group, teens and twenties. More towards the late teens and early twenties though, as they have more disposable income, as a rule.

Now which is best? Depends which games you like.
Mon 04/02/02 at 11:00
In stead of replying to stupid statments like
'the cube wont have many good games on it because rare does most of them'
'or whatever comes out on the cube will come out on the other three'
just dont say anyhting and then 1 year down the line
they'll be sitting there going
'i wish that nintendo game A would come out on the box/ps2...'
'i wish that nintendo game B would come out on the box/ps2...'
'i wish that nintendo game C would come out on the box/ps2...'
'i wish that i had a Cube...'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.