GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate to say it but Playstation 2 is the best console."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
I got an N64 and I really liked it, I always thought that the Playstation was crap because it had really poor graphics compared to the N64 and it had these really annoying loading times. But now I have seen how the Playstation is still having games developed for it and the N64 is dead, I have seen how bad the N64 really was. Although it had some good games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, e.t.c... You look at how many games were released that were absolutely crap; South Park, Superman, Carmageddon.
Most of the games were really childish, I can only count 2 games that were 18 and a few other 15. Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day were the only games intended for an older audience. A few Turok games were 15 and some other games were. But most of the games were really childish and easy. Mario 64 was mega simple. Zelda, although it has some hard bits, wasn't really as challenging as I thought and my little sister even managed to complete it. Looking at the Gamecube, most of the games that are going to come out are going to be very childish and although they probably will be quite good, I need more harder games.
Also, the Playstation has got a larger market of games because more people own the console, Playstation has been out for over a year now and it has had no competition. The Gamecube or Xbox will never be able to gain back the sales becuase the Playstation 2 will be cheaper and it will have tonnes more games to play.
I was intendingon getting a Gamecube but now I have decided that I will get a PS2 because it will be cheaper, it will have loads more games on it and it won't be as childsh.
I might sound like I hate the Gamecube but I don't, it is going to do well but I just feel that PS2 has got the head start and that the Gamecube is going to be quite childish.
And before any of you decide to do a big fat list of hard games, have a look at the amount of games that were ever realeased (not many compared to the psx) and look at how many childish games there are.
Sun 10/02/02 at 23:13
lol, biased remarks are all around me.

I cant believe a few comments down from me someone said `the playstation 2 hasnt done that well`. thats the funniest remark ever. Did you walk into game after christmas? Everybody was asking for a PS2 memory card as they all had PS2s and there werent enough memoret cards to go around...

You ever looked at the sales charts?!

Ah well, dont bite my head off, Im only delivering the news that you have obviously selected not to realise before.

Just trying to add a touch of unbiased remarks here..
Sun 10/02/02 at 01:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
PS2 sales could potentially increase when teh Xbox and GameCube are released. People are holding out to see what the competition's like - it's only natural. When people can make a fair decision what's right for them they will get what they want to get. There should be a general overall increase of console sales, which can only be good.
Sun 10/02/02 at 00:57
Regular
Gamecube isn't childish, it looks childish but isn't, Paper MArio looked childish but i love it, are you judging on looks? If you are get out and never return again.

On a lighter note the Gamecube is cheaper and has many many adult only titles on it.
Sat 09/02/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well said GasMask!! I've been saying that 2 people but they just won't accept it!
It would be the same with any other console!
The same applies to the GBA, it's the best hand-held as there's no competition around. I'd like to see a Sony attempt at a hand-held console, or maybe another Sega one, like the GameGear.
Sat 09/02/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh.

Seeing that the PS2 is the only console on the market right now, it hasn't done that well.

True Sega/Ninty fans are sticking this out. SO HEH, PS2 is only the best, because:

It has a massive head start
No competition
PSX sold loads, so people expected PS2 to be amazing

If the GameCube was the only console out it would rule..
Sat 09/02/02 at 11:49
Regular
T-Devil wrote:
> saviour of sheep wrote:
> You can't say the Gamecube is bad if you haven't
> played on it!!!

I've played games on all 3 consoles (PS2 PAL, Gamecube JAP
> NTSC and XBox US NTSC).

All have good points and all have bad points. PS2 and
> Gamecube (after playing both) are CURRENTLY equal whereas XBox already runs away
> with it! Zelda on GC plays good, nice and smooth gameplay. So does Gotham Racing
> on XBox. Same again, with better visuals.

So you snuck into Nintendo of Japan and played the Japanese language version? Even though it's not finished anyway?
Sat 09/02/02 at 10:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
BenKaye, Nintendo have been around for over 100 years, not just 20!! And no, that doesn't neccesarily mean that Nintendo are a lot better, just that their more experienced with gaming. Sony have only got a few years experience with gaming, but still have a lot more with electronics.
So, even though I really don't care who wins, it could go either way! And the PS2's already had a massive head start, being around for over a year!
Sat 09/02/02 at 09:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I hate to say it but you're a gay sad freak. Have you ever played a GC? Have you even witnessed GC shots in motion?

No. So shut it!
Sat 09/02/02 at 02:56
Look, let me make this nice and simple for you. The PS2 vs Gamecube debate is NOT about mature vs immature, childish vs teenage, etc. It's about the difference between a very new developer that buys out developers to make games for them, and a company that's had over twenty years in the business, and has built up a fearsome catalogue of characters and games. This doesn't mean that the PS2 cannot be a good games console, it's just that it cannot hold a candle to Nintendo's history. Remember the old Donkey Kong Game & Watch? The NES, the Super NES, the N64...These guys know what they're doing. Rare can't seem to make a bad game, period. Those that say that the Gamecube's for juveniles know nothing about pure gaming pleasure. I actually felt that the N64 was a great console, it's controller could very happily sit inside the Gamecube it was that far ahead of its time, and the graphics were incredible and very fast. In addition, I couldn't help but feel like a weak corporate shill if I ever bought a PS2, because they're just another faceless corporation that really know nothing about gaming, the marketing, the product placement is so cynical, and they do not care. Be different, be original. In Nintendo we trust.
Tue 05/02/02 at 11:36
Regular
Lol, the stuff some people come out with...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.