GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate to say it but Playstation 2 is the best console."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
I got an N64 and I really liked it, I always thought that the Playstation was crap because it had really poor graphics compared to the N64 and it had these really annoying loading times. But now I have seen how the Playstation is still having games developed for it and the N64 is dead, I have seen how bad the N64 really was. Although it had some good games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, e.t.c... You look at how many games were released that were absolutely crap; South Park, Superman, Carmageddon.
Most of the games were really childish, I can only count 2 games that were 18 and a few other 15. Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day were the only games intended for an older audience. A few Turok games were 15 and some other games were. But most of the games were really childish and easy. Mario 64 was mega simple. Zelda, although it has some hard bits, wasn't really as challenging as I thought and my little sister even managed to complete it. Looking at the Gamecube, most of the games that are going to come out are going to be very childish and although they probably will be quite good, I need more harder games.
Also, the Playstation has got a larger market of games because more people own the console, Playstation has been out for over a year now and it has had no competition. The Gamecube or Xbox will never be able to gain back the sales becuase the Playstation 2 will be cheaper and it will have tonnes more games to play.
I was intendingon getting a Gamecube but now I have decided that I will get a PS2 because it will be cheaper, it will have loads more games on it and it won't be as childsh.
I might sound like I hate the Gamecube but I don't, it is going to do well but I just feel that PS2 has got the head start and that the Gamecube is going to be quite childish.
And before any of you decide to do a big fat list of hard games, have a look at the amount of games that were ever realeased (not many compared to the psx) and look at how many childish games there are.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I got an N64 and I really liked it, I always thought that the Playstation was crap because it had really poor graphics compared to the N64 and it had these really annoying loading times. But now I have seen how the Playstation is still having games developed for it and the N64 is dead, I have seen how bad the N64 really was. Although it had some good games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, e.t.c... You look at how many games were released that were absolutely crap; South Park, Superman, Carmageddon.
Most of the games were really childish, I can only count 2 games that were 18 and a few other 15. Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day were the only games intended for an older audience. A few Turok games were 15 and some other games were. But most of the games were really childish and easy. Mario 64 was mega simple. Zelda, although it has some hard bits, wasn't really as challenging as I thought and my little sister even managed to complete it. Looking at the Gamecube, most of the games that are going to come out are going to be very childish and although they probably will be quite good, I need more harder games.
Also, the Playstation has got a larger market of games because more people own the console, Playstation has been out for over a year now and it has had no competition. The Gamecube or Xbox will never be able to gain back the sales becuase the Playstation 2 will be cheaper and it will have tonnes more games to play.
I was intendingon getting a Gamecube but now I have decided that I will get a PS2 because it will be cheaper, it will have loads more games on it and it won't be as childsh.
I might sound like I hate the Gamecube but I don't, it is going to do well but I just feel that PS2 has got the head start and that the Gamecube is going to be quite childish.
And before any of you decide to do a big fat list of hard games, have a look at the amount of games that were ever realeased (not many compared to the psx) and look at how many childish games there are.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:47
i havent even read your post and straight away im gonna say your entitled to your opinion but it dont match mine.
No more from me now
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:58
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
How can you say the Playstation 2 is cheaper than the Gamecube?? Have you read the news lately?!
Sure, I own a PS2 and like a lot of games on it, but there's far more games I want that are exclusive to Gamecube (mainly thanks to Nintendo and Rare).
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The price of the PS2 will drop when Gamecube comes out like the N64 and Dreamcast did when the PS2 came out. Cheaper console means more sales.
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:31
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Rumoured reduced PS2 price - £169.99
Brand new Gamecube from Special Reserve - £159.99

Do you see? :)
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I hate to say it but..
"I pity the foo' who thinks the Playstation 2 is the best console!"

The Gamecube is cheaper than the PS2, and if you think that the N64 didn't have enough developers, just look at the amount that the Gamecube has!!! LOADS!!! The Gamecube is going to be a huge turnaround for Nintendo! Mark my words!

Now, shut it, and go buy yourself a Gamecube! And see what a real console is like!

:)
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:24
Regular
If you look in the right places you can order PAL gamecubes for £150. I ordered one last night.
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:31
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
At the moment it is. But you'll be begging on your knees and crying when the Gamecube comes out. King sibs will order cooky to kill you!! (Then futher along the story goes, Cooky faints and orders me to do the dirty work) The end.

Ehh...That story is nothing compared what sibs can do :(
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
This is all very childish...

In terms of sales, the GC comes last... but this has nothing to do with how good the console is.

In reality the GC is aimed at a different audience to the PS2. PS2 games tend to, in general, be aimed at the massmarket, with some great sports games, realistic racers etc...

Ninty games are aimed at hardcore games, and the younger market. More original and quirky games like Pikmin are what define Ninty consoles.

Which console is better?

That's SUBJECTIVE (definition: something that is an opinion- not fact, and varies from person to person).

Sonic
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> At the moment it is. But you'll be begging on your knees and crying when the
> Gamecube comes out. King sibs will order cooky to kill you!! (Then futher along
> the story goes, Cooky faints and orders me to do the dirty work) The
> end.

Ehh...That story is nothing compared what sibs can do :(

The FLAW in your story being that NO-ONE orders me around!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.