GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I like sega but their lastest game Rez kinda of suck"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 12:26
Regular
I like sega for making cool games such as sonic the hedeghog and shenmue 1*2 But making Rez of the playstation 2 was a little but mad I know after playing 1 hour of the game It made me sick and dizzy I am only saying this because I played the Game and It was'nt the best game I played.
Sun 03/02/02 at 22:09
I agree, I am probably one of the few people that is not that excited by MGS2, and I actually found myself playing that REZ demo more than the MGS2 one. Maybe its those damn long cutscenes. Why don't they just make it a movie!?
Sun 03/02/02 at 22:15
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Easy YH.

Sorry mate, must have got a bit carried away there... :D

>Cant you see Rez getting just a little bit repetitive >after a while?

Nope, the only thing I'm a little worried about is the length, but apparently it's quite reasonable.

Perhaps because I like that sort of music anyway, it means I get more out of the game than someone who doesn't?
Sun 03/02/02 at 22:37
Regular
I like the whole trance thing as well, nice to see it implemented in a game like this. But, from what I've seen from the demo this game is only worth a rent to me. I have huge doubts over how long this game will last me.
Sun 03/02/02 at 23:10
Regular
"That's right!"
I think it has subliminal messages telling us to buy Sega goods

(my second mention of subliminal messages tonight!)
Mon 04/02/02 at 07:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Of course, I'll get MGS2 eventually, but I have played the first one many times and the second isn't that different. I never did get MGS until it came out on Platinum, and while I won't wait THAT long to get MGS2, I'm currently feeling MGS overload and I don't know whether I want to get MGS2 before Rez or WipEout. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent game, it's just there ARE things I would rather get.
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:22
Regular
I am not just saying the game will take 2 hours to complete because of the graphics but it is really easy you shoot down ships which come from different sides of the screen and if you think that is original then where have you been have you not heard of a game called Space Invaders.
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:25
Regular
""
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I think it has subliminal messages telling us to buy Sega goods

(my second
> mention of subliminal messages tonight!)

Sonic... drool! Ha! I believe ...you... like... subliminal... msgs! *Hypnotised*
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:26
Is that all you do in Rez?shoot stuff and make cool noises?
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:37
Regular
i think it is which is kinda retro don't you think
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:56
Regular
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
I am not just saying the game will take 2 hours to complete because of the graphics but it is really easy you shoot down ships which come from different sides of the screen and if you think that is original then where have you been have you not heard of a game called Space Invaders.

I meant that it seems as though you don't like the game because of the graphics. Rez is a prime example of when graphics don't matter. I hardly noticed the graphics, as I was enjoying the game so much.

Ok, some people may think that it is a little simple. But all the best games are! Think, Space Invaders, Tetris, Pac Man, Pong etc. All classics, all really simple.

Maybe it's just me, but I like my games to be simple. I play games for enjoyment, to relax after work. I don't want to have to concentrate just so I move at the right time so the guard doesn't see me etc.

For me, games are enjoyment. NOT a challenge. It's as simple as that.

Another reason why I like Rez is because it mixes the music in with the gameplay. Big deal, you may think. But it does make a lot of difference. Also, I like that sort of music anyway, which makes the game more attractive to me. I'd always wondered what trance music "looked" like, and now I think I know.

The more I'm typing here, the more I'm wondering if you've even played it. Have you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.