GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why PS2 wipes the floor with X-Box"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 10:54
Regular
I was browsing the net when i found a link to some screenshots of X-box's project Gotham. I wanted to see them as i heared this game had the best graphics on x-box so far but when i saw them i laughd tottally. I was really dissapointed with this game. It looks like bloody PORSCHE CHALLENGE FOR GODDSAKES......well...a bit better but its not exactly GT3. So if anyone says X-Box is a better console cz the games can run faster with better graphics then just look at these screens......oh and before he abuse......this isn't as such a jibe at x-box but just a those folks who reckons the graphics are miles better....wke up folks.

http://pub49.ezboard.com/ fjeepnrocksonlinecommunityfrm6. showMessage?topicID=32. topic

Take out he spaces first :P (after each slash andfullstops)
Sun 03/02/02 at 10:54
Regular
"  "
I was browsing the net when i found a link to some screenshots of X-box's project Gotham. I wanted to see them as i heared this game had the best graphics on x-box so far but when i saw them i laughd tottally. I was really dissapointed with this game. It looks like bloody PORSCHE CHALLENGE FOR GODDSAKES......well...a bit better but its not exactly GT3. So if anyone says X-Box is a better console cz the games can run faster with better graphics then just look at these screens......oh and before he abuse......this isn't as such a jibe at x-box but just a those folks who reckons the graphics are miles better....wke up folks.

http://pub49.ezboard.com/ fjeepnrocksonlinecommunityfrm6. showMessage?topicID=32. topic

Take out he spaces first :P (after each slash andfullstops)
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:10
Regular
"WWJD"
it's very square but the shinyness of the car looks good, the PS2 is going to whip the floor with it easyily and if the price goes down then they'll do it easy
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:12
Regular
"  "
it looks like a pc game run on a not vey good pc.....if ya get what i mean.....it has flat scennery and stuf.......just things u wouldn't expect a big hyped title like that to have.
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:28
Regular
"WWJD"
i thought it was flat
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
First of all, you can't judge the game by 2 screens. Secondly, it WILL have better graphics than GT3 when it is released, I have no doubt in my mind about that. Lastly, it is made by the makers of MSR. MSR is certainly a better game than GT3. I have both and MSR is better, so Project Gotham will be better than both.

And I am not for the X-Box either. I think it will be good, but for the price it's asking, I don't think it's worth it. Plus, even though there are some quality games coming out, the pad looks awful!!

This game though, will be the best racer around. It already resembles MSR which is only a good thing!
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:30
Regular
"lets go back"
Microsoft have tried to make the xbox too much like a pc. All the extra processing power isnt reqired in a games console. It doesnt make the console better, it just increases the price. The games seem ok but a ps2 has more for £100 cheaper. THe worst thing about it has to be the size. Its huge!! The control pad is the nearly the same size as a re-modled ps1. The actual console looks cheep. The green center is only a sticker (I expected some sort of moulded plastic), however it is overpriced. Ps2 provides a whole lot more for a lot less cash.
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:43
The_Vottanator wrote:
> First of all, you can't judge the game by 2 screens. Secondly, it WILL have
> better graphics than GT3 when it is released, I have no doubt in my mind about
> that. Lastly, it is made by the makers of MSR. MSR is certainly a better game
> than GT3. I have both and MSR is better, so Project Gotham will be better than
> both.

And I am not for the X-Box either. I think it will be good, but for
> the price it's asking, I don't think it's worth it. Plus, even though there are
> some quality games coming out, the pad looks awful!!

This game though, will
> be the best racer around. It already resembles MSR which is only a good thing!

how do you know that it will be the best racer ever wake up ! you could say burnout for the ps2 is the best racer ever but nothing will beat GT3 project gotham is just an average racer that will not do anything and all it is is hype that will end up with people in tears so you go back to your x-box cave and think of something else that will make us laugh do you know what planet you are on! and it aint just graphics its gameplay so you cant comment cos you aint played it!
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:55
Regular
The_Vottanator wrote:
> First of all, you can't judge the game by 2 screens.

True, but you can get some first impressions about it. Books and covers aside, its still helpful.

Secondly, it WILL have
> better graphics than GT3 when it is released, I have no doubt in my mind about
> that.

How do you know this? You have no doubt and yet you haven`t given a single shred of proof. At least Natbuc showed you a couple of screenshots.

>Lastly, it is made by the makers of MSR. MSR is certainly a better game
> than GT3.

Why? Again, just your opinion, no proof.

>I have both and MSR is better,

I have Rolo to the Rescue on Megadrive, and Goldeneye on N64, and Rolo is much better. Its opinion, its easy to say when you are biased. If you want, I can give you a load more demos.

so Project Gotham will be better than
> both.

As a > b , and b > c, then a > c. A true statement, but I question the validity of b > c. In my opinion that would be c > b, which doesn`t imply that a > c.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:11
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Sorry guys but you can't write off a console just by a screenshot of one game - I thought you would realise thatby rez. You are also acting like graphics are better than gameplay (again Rez, Tetris etc). You all know that Halo and Wreckless are amzing, but so are MGS2 and FFX. Let's just all live in peace and gaming tranquility.

*cough*dreamcastsucks*cough*
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:25
Regular
"  "
I fully understand that i can't judge a console by a game but what i trying to say is that there are all these people saying that x-box is better than PS2 coz of graphics capability. So what i'm saying is......u can't really judge anything by screenshots. BUT there are alot of peopel who are judging by screenshots.....and these are mainly the people that say x-box is beter than PS2 becuase the graphics look better. So i'm just playing along with them and saying "Oh...well look at these screens.....If your gonna judge on screens then GT3 is better than Project Gotham."

I know full well u can't judge on screens and i posted these screens (which clearly make project gotham look alot worse than GT3) simply to play these people at there own game.....hope that makes sense.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.