GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why PS2 wipes the floor with X-Box"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 10:54
Regular
I was browsing the net when i found a link to some screenshots of X-box's project Gotham. I wanted to see them as i heared this game had the best graphics on x-box so far but when i saw them i laughd tottally. I was really dissapointed with this game. It looks like bloody PORSCHE CHALLENGE FOR GODDSAKES......well...a bit better but its not exactly GT3. So if anyone says X-Box is a better console cz the games can run faster with better graphics then just look at these screens......oh and before he abuse......this isn't as such a jibe at x-box but just a those folks who reckons the graphics are miles better....wke up folks.

http://pub49.ezboard.com/ fjeepnrocksonlinecommunityfrm6. showMessage?topicID=32. topic

Take out he spaces first :P (after each slash andfullstops)
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Screen shots dont do a game any justice. I remember seeing screen shots in Gamesmaster for Soul Calibur on the DC. They looked rubbish, with tons of jagged edges e.t.c. but the game is alot better. Screen shots dont do the game justice at all, some look crap while the game is good. And others look good but the game runs slow.
Thu 07/02/02 at 18:33
Regular
"  "
lol....hey......i did mean Gran Turismo 3....and if u had read back u would se my initail post was just a case of saying "Some guys round here think that x-box is better becuase the gaphics in the screen shots are better. Well u guys i found some screenshots that makes the PS2 look better" It was just kind of a way to get those jerks back that obviously think that u can judge a game, a console, and a consoles success on a screenshot......so...er...there.....:)....hope u understand my point :)
Thu 07/02/02 at 12:47
"slightlyshortertagl"
Natbuc
No...u r forgetting the brick. :P

Asher D
And Bill Gates bodyhair, I believe.

Natbuc
And soggy chips

Asher D
And cardboard...

Craw
Xbox is made of wee.

Why does all the above seem HIGHLY unlikely???
Thu 07/02/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
In one screenshot, depth-perception looked odd - the player car
> (complete with shadow) was being pursued by two others vehicles - but because
> they cast no shadows, it gives the illusion that the two following cars are
> actually floating a couple of feet off the ground.

This must be a early build of the game. I bought an X-Box mag today with a free video on it. It had Wreckless and all cars including the computer controlled cars had shadows on them. It looks a very good game.

Also Project Gotham looks amazing. With only having it on crap quality video it does look as good and if not better than GT3. But i'll have to see it on my X-Box in 5 weeks time to actually make a far comparsion. Hopefully the X-Box lead is a RGB lead as then I will beable to make a far comparsion, using the same type of leads.
Wed 06/02/02 at 18:35
Regular
"lets go back"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> Natbuc, you shouldn't compare 2 different consoles by 2 different games! No, it
> may not be GTA3. but it's a different style of game! It's called 'Project Gotham
> RACING', and is therefore more to do with racing rather than road rage and fun
> on in big cities!
And 'Grand THEFT Auto' is a different game, with less racing
> envolved and more fun and action required to complete missions, rather than win
> races.

Looking at the title, I thought you'd be comparing the 2 consoles, but
> you haven't. You've just compared 2 different games. Maybe GTA3 is better, but
> that doesn't neccesarily make the PS2 much better than the X-box! i think it may
> be, and you've just looked at the popilarity of GTA3, without even playing PGR
> first!

I obviously cant speek for natbuc, but i think when he says GT3 (not GTA3) he means Gran Turismo (aka the ultimate RACING experince). I might be reading this wrong (I dont think i am) and im sorry if i am but the games are in the same genre i.e. RACING. Havn't u ever heard of gran turismo, or dont they sell it in Liberty City?
Wed 06/02/02 at 18:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Natbuc, you shouldn't compare 2 different consoles by 2 different games! No, it may not be GTA3. but it's a different style of game! It's called 'Project Gotham RACING', and is therefore more to do with racing rather than road rage and fun on in big cities!
And 'Grand THEFT Auto' is a different game, with less racing envolved and more fun and action required to complete missions, rather than win races.

Looking at the title, I thought you'd be comparing the 2 consoles, but you haven't. You've just compared 2 different games. Maybe GTA3 is better, but that doesn't neccesarily make the PS2 much better than the X-box! i think it may be, and you've just looked at the popilarity of GTA3, without even playing PGR first!
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:58
Regular
"lets go back"
Your Honour wrote:
I respect your opinion, but I was wondering something.

*Why* do
> you not like M:SR? What's wrong with it? Why do you prefer the GT series?

Well i supose there isnt anything wrong with it really, I just couldnt get into it very easily. When i play a game I like it to suck me in and not let go until ive finished it. Gt3 does this with all of the many modes, cars and extras. I dont feel like this when i play MSR. It seems to try to hard. The kudos system was a good idea but i didnt take to it.

It is only my oppinion. I know people who like and dislike it. We cant all like the same things. Msr is one of the things i dont like.
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:38
Regular
"  "
no....u r forgetting the brick. :P
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:35
Regular
"Acid Casual"
So thats one Xbox then?
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:29
Regular
And Bill Gates bodyhair, I believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.