GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another reason why Gamecube isn't doing that well in the UK...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 17:55
Regular
This retarded piece of writing is taken from the Times newspapers, reivew of what's to come in 2003 for gaming.

"Nintendo is still something of an unknown quantity. It will certainly be pushing for more Gamecube sales in 2003, but will adopt a typically low key approach to promotion. Gamecube is aimed at children and Nintendo will not worry about trying to improve its popularity with older gamers. Some industry rumours suggested that if Nintendo's Gamecube failed it would simply make games alone - but that is to underestimate this player. This is Nintendo afetr all the folk who still have the handheld market to themselves and couldn't bank profits fast enough for 2 years as Pokemon ruled the world.

Gamecube titles to look out for include Disneys Sports Football, Super Bust-a-move 3000 and Dragons Lair 3D"

Complete and utter retards, either they're being payed by Sony to say all this bullshi-t or they really know nothing.

I feel like writing in and tearing them apart for being such complete nonces. The list of 'games to look out for' says it all really.

Complete morons.
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:13
Regular
Ok, I went back to school today (urgh) and loads of people had got PS2's and Vice City for Xmas, and maybe the odd few had got an Xbox. There was so many people rubbing themselves over Vice City it was beyond beleif. In my opinion, Its good, But not brilliant.

The novelty of killing people and swear words kind of wears off after a while. In the meantime loads of my own mates were laughing at me for "wanting a gaycube" These are some of the comments: -

"Gamecube sucks, They have small discs as the games are too small and short for little children"

"I played Mario Sunshine and it was gay, So I played GTA Vice City! Such a good game it beats any other game"

"Daniel, Don't get a Gamecube! They F'in suck balls, Get a PS2 so you can play Vice City"

"Gamecube is rubbish, The Getaway can store 22sq miles on one single disc unlike the crappy Gamecube sized ones"

"Gamecubes have poor graphics, Unlike PS2, Take a look at Vice City, Best Graphics on any console!!!"

Some people are emotionally retarded.
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:57
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
Next time I play through it I will try
> to kill him at the train station although I fired 6 Rockets and shot
> him over 20 times and he still didn't die. However in the church it
> takes one rocket to blow him up. Please would you ask your friend how
> he killed him? Cheers.

If you move the doctor to Hong Kong (can't remember his name), he'll give you the "password" to kill Agent Herman when you face up, just by saying the word.
Mon 06/01/03 at 14:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I hated Deus Ex.

It was always at night, whereever you went. Seemingly.

It was slow, the action was terrible.

As were the guns.

I hated everybody in the game as they were so lame/flat.

And the freedom?

PAH!

Lets walk around a constricted area and fight lots of annoying soilders.

I couldn't be bothered to finish it.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:46
Regular
Yes, I'm not slating it, the way you go about acomplishing your goals is very free, but I just felt that the different endings were made quite obvious, sort of presented to you on a plate. It was just made a bit too obvious what sort of things would happen in the end.

As for shenmue, I haven't been back to that topic since I last replied, perhaps I should look in and see what you wrote.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:40
Regular
LOL, lets not get back onto Shenmue WS!

It was very FREE during the game was Deus EX as you chnage the story with the way you play it. On the first mission there are numerous ways of entering the bottom of the Statue and for rescuing Agent Herman from the cells makes him change his mind about you. Also how you play 1 mission effects what happens from then on-wards. To be honest I have never played a game before that allows so many different approaches to the way missions are completed and a game that actually allows the player to change the story. Deus EX is a very clever game and the sequel is in the top 5 games that I am looking forward to this year. The game isn't for everyone as it takes a while to earn respectable rewards but for RPG/FPS fans it doesn't get any better, for me it doesn't anyway :)
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:34
Regular
You can't kill agent Herman at the train station can you? Later on at the church in France Agent Herman is part of the mission. Agent Navara is easy to kill but it is 2000 skill points plus an OP bonus of 1500 (If my memory serves me correctly) for completing the mission so killing the terrorist enables HUGE upgrades but I am going to try it and see for myself. I could be wrong about Agent Herman but I do believe that he is made invinsible at the train station as later on he plays a big part in the story. Next time I play through it I will try to kill him at the train station although I fired 6 Rockets and shot him over 20 times and he still didn't die. However in the church it takes one rocket to blow him up. Please would you ask your friend how he killed him? Cheers.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
Dues-Ex wasn't *that* free.

It gave the impression it was, but in the end it came down to 'choose one of the 3 endings'.

Still good though.

Shenmue is still rubbish of course.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:20
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The only thing I haven't tried is kill Agent Navara on the Plane when
> she tells you to execute the terrorist leader. Have you done this?

Nope, but a friend has told me to. Apparently, it does harm your skill points and op-bonus, but it makes it a lot easier to kill Agent Hermann at the train station.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:14
Regular
You are probably right about Mafia on the GameCube I just heard PS2 and Xbox but since then it has probably been announced for the GameCube as well.

I think Shenmue 2 is going to help the Xbox in Japan and any gamer in the right mind won't miss out on Deus EX 2 purely because the first game was amazing (one of the best I have ever played) and with the current market gamers are looking for 'freedom' as you put it and I think that Deus EX 2 is as far away from linear as possible. Every time I play the first game I do something different from the previous. The only thing I haven't tried is kill Agent Navara on the Plane when she tells you to execute the terrorist leader. Have you done this? I have a feeling that it will harm the skill points given once you are back at HQ so as of yet I haven't tried that.

Anyway, games seem to be movin in the direction of free-roam/do anything you want and I think that this is a step in the right direction for gaming at a time when GTA Vice City and The Getaway dominate the Charts. I have a sneaky feeling that this year will be the year that a company takes the GTA 3 engine and takes it one step further (which GTA Vice City hasn't really done), whether it is True Crimes or a game that is just starting development I honestly believe that this year it will happen!
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:04
You should hear people's opinions in my college; everyone I've heard talking about consoles has asked the question (in some shape or form), "What good games are coming out for the GC?" before following up their questions with answers such as Mario and other kiddie games. I've actually spoke out quite a few times to groups just to inform them that the GC has several quiality exclusives, but once someone's opinion is formed, there's usually no point trying to change it. Especially if it's about Nintendo. Hell, even my mother think's it too childish, despite showing the back of the Resident Evil cover to her.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.