GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another reason why Gamecube isn't doing that well in the UK...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 17:55
Regular
This retarded piece of writing is taken from the Times newspapers, reivew of what's to come in 2003 for gaming.

"Nintendo is still something of an unknown quantity. It will certainly be pushing for more Gamecube sales in 2003, but will adopt a typically low key approach to promotion. Gamecube is aimed at children and Nintendo will not worry about trying to improve its popularity with older gamers. Some industry rumours suggested that if Nintendo's Gamecube failed it would simply make games alone - but that is to underestimate this player. This is Nintendo afetr all the folk who still have the handheld market to themselves and couldn't bank profits fast enough for 2 years as Pokemon ruled the world.

Gamecube titles to look out for include Disneys Sports Football, Super Bust-a-move 3000 and Dragons Lair 3D"

Complete and utter retards, either they're being payed by Sony to say all this bullshi-t or they really know nothing.

I feel like writing in and tearing them apart for being such complete nonces. The list of 'games to look out for' says it all really.

Complete morons.
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:55
Regular
This retarded piece of writing is taken from the Times newspapers, reivew of what's to come in 2003 for gaming.

"Nintendo is still something of an unknown quantity. It will certainly be pushing for more Gamecube sales in 2003, but will adopt a typically low key approach to promotion. Gamecube is aimed at children and Nintendo will not worry about trying to improve its popularity with older gamers. Some industry rumours suggested that if Nintendo's Gamecube failed it would simply make games alone - but that is to underestimate this player. This is Nintendo afetr all the folk who still have the handheld market to themselves and couldn't bank profits fast enough for 2 years as Pokemon ruled the world.

Gamecube titles to look out for include Disneys Sports Football, Super Bust-a-move 3000 and Dragons Lair 3D"

Complete and utter retards, either they're being payed by Sony to say all this bullshi-t or they really know nothing.

I feel like writing in and tearing them apart for being such complete nonces. The list of 'games to look out for' says it all really.

Complete morons.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:19
Regular
WHAT?

Games to look out for and that is the best they can do? How about:

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil Zero
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Mario Kart
Killer 7
Legend of Zelda: The Wind waker
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Pro Evolution 2
Super Monkey Ball 2
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Final Fantasy: Chronicles

The reason why I got a GameCube was to play the excellent exclusives which look/are amazing! There are a few games I want to pick up from last year like Luigi's Mansion, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil and Mario Sunshine but I got it for the majority of games that are going to be released this year.

Look on the bright side though, it is hardly an insult and to be honest is is laughable.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:21
Regular
Its obvious, The have Sony up their bumhole. Just like WHSmith, Who did'nt stock Gamecube/Xbox games because they signed a deal with Sony.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My god, thats just pig ignorance.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Are you sure GamezFreak...? the WHSmith where I live has GC and Xbox titles (not a great deal of em and at an extortionate price, but some nonetheless...)
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Arguably the worst article ever. Oh yes, 'aimed at Kids'. Who are these people?

"Billy, since the GC is aimed at kids, i'm sure it's alright for you to be playing games such as Resident Evil."

Jeeez, these guys need to get out more.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:47
"Uzi Lover"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Its obvious, The have Sony up their bumhole. Just like WHSmith, Who
> did'nt stock Gamecube/Xbox games because they signed a deal with Sony.

Who buys from there anyway?

The article is the most stupid thing I've read in a long time.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:53
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Are you sure GamezFreak...? the WHSmith where I live has GC and Xbox
> titles (not a great deal of em and at an extortionate price, but some
> nonetheless...)

They do now, But they never used to. I remember walking into the shop and enquiring about some Xbox games and the fopey assisitants told me "Sorry, But we do not stock Xbox games as we are in a agreement with Sony" Now they seem to stock all 4 formats, But only a few Xbox/GC games and LOADS of PS2 games.

Its just morally wrong.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:55
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Three top quality games in my opinion.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:55
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.