GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Controversial Stuff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/07 at 00:47
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Well the new design seems OK, though the avatars are a bit repetitive and they do create a lot of blank space in the listings.

Do the avatars deter new users?

Work is progressing on the chat forum system to enable you (Freeola customers) to have ready made forums on your web sites.

Freeola Bingo is much improved now that it runs constantly. Originally suggested on the forums, Freeola Bingo was intended to give the forums a boost. By the way, it's not intended to be a permanent fixture and Google won't allow us to advertise it, even though it's free.

The site gets thousands of visitors and hundreds of new sign-ups per day, but this is hardly evident on the forums.

It does not seem worthwhile to me, to have eight different forums generating small numbers of posts. Maybe there should only be one.

As the rest of Gameaday is games orientated wouldn't it be better to have one focal point and declare this a games forum. After all you can still chat and post intelligent threads or stories, or talk about wrestling, regardless of what the forums are actually called. Back to our roots perhaps.

Or have chat forums "had their day"?
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Machie wrote:
> And another quiz night. If you made it a weekly thing then
> atleast one day a week you'll have over 1000 posts. A quiz for
> different forums. One about Gaming, another about Movie &
> Music, General Knowledge (for General Chat) and umm so on.

I'd happily organise a Sports quiz. It'll probably be indescribably evil though... :)
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Machie wrote:
> I'm curious whether he really wanted to make changes to the
> forum, or just to get us chatting again. 24 posts in 24 hours is
> pretty bad, even for a weekend during the summer holiday.

I prefer not to make any changes. However, we have some improvements in mind which could make a significant difference, so we will trial them as soon as we can make the time (might be a while). And while we are doing them we will try to improve the focus towards games and web development.
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:52
Regular
And another quiz night. If you made it a weekly thing then atleast one day a week you'll have over 1000 posts. A quiz for different forums. One about Gaming, another about Movie & Music, General Knowledge (for General Chat) and umm so on.
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:48
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Chippxero wrote:
> You've got to admit stopping all tube and sponge related topics
> was a serious hit to the forums.

Yes - but neverthess a simple error of judgement or programming by one individual, and quickly corrected.
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:15
Regular
Garin wrote:
> I think the big question is, will Tony be winning a GAD for this
> topic?

I'm curious whether he really wanted to make changes to the forum, or just to get us chatting again. 24 posts in 24 hours is pretty bad, even for a weekend during the summer holiday.

I would very much like to see more EGADs. And I dont mind losing Bingo, perhaps after Timmargh has won it. Another game that involves the forum would be much better.
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:12
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Seconded, and give me admin :P
> I am so addicted to this game, it's all your fault Machie.

Aww if only you saw my first thread about it 3 and a half years ago on Special Reserve. I must have wasted 1000s of hours playing ET =)

I'll choose some of the maps for the Freeola server. Maybe we should ban some heavy weapons. We dont really want to encourage panza noobs like Vexxxed. Sure he's good at killing the enemy with panza, it's just he takes some of his teammates out too. =/
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think the big question is, will Tony be winning a GAD for this topic?
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:02
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Machie wrote:
> How about free gaming servers? :) One for Enemy Territory. Boy
> that would be lots of fun.

Seconded, and give me admin :P
I am so addicted to this game, it's all your fault Machie.
Wed 22/08/07 at 13:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
You seems to be under the impression that all PM members are trouble causing trolls, while this may be true for some when they visit here. Quite a lot of the members on here are also PM members, in fact looking at the top posters for the month there are some in the top ten.

Can't you not refer to the people you mean by "Hostile ex members" or "Disgruntled members of the old regime" rather than making it sound like all PM'ers are bad.

You've got to admit stopping all tube and sponge related topics was a serious hit to the forums.
Wed 22/08/07 at 13:50
Regular
How about free gaming servers? :) One for Enemy Territory. Boy that would be lots of fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.