GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII-2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII-2'.
Mon 06/02/12 at 16:25
Regular
"THFC"
So i managed to get this game from Lovefilm on Friday, and went into it with a bit of hesitation, was not XIII's biggest fan, thought it had a lot to improve on. So XIII-2 was not something I have been following or watching much of, just figured why not give it a go.

Loving it so far, really good and much improved from XIII, so hopefully some of you guys and girls have had a chance to give it a whirl and can have a chat about it. Usual kind of thing and secrets, tips etc!

Remember to warn people of spoilers!
Wed 15/02/12 at 15:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Good deal.

I reckon the main story is probably doable in 15-20 hours (I might try and speed run through after I finish it 100%).

To do everything I'd hazard a realistic 40 hours.

Same as 13, it saves after you finish and unlocks several new 'things'.

You can also find gate seals to close the time gates and basically re-play that zone as if you had never been there before. This is needed for some zones, or for watching the 8 different 'Paradox Endings" - basically endings throughout the game that finish the game there and then with a new storyline being laid out.

With the 9 different endings, and the vast amount of sidequests there is a lot to do.

And the ending? I would say it is one of the best endings there is, it does feel a bit rushed but only in a breath taking way as opposed to wrapping things up.
Wed 15/02/12 at 13:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Shopto.net have this for £24.85 if anyone is after a copy (360 & PS3), posted links in the bargain thread yesterday. Another £1 back for going through Quidco as well.
Wed 15/02/12 at 11:36
Regular
"THFC"
Have not had the chance to touch it again really, been ill for a couple days and had no desire to play the computer lol.

What kind of duration are we looking at to get the thing completed? Does it finish well and seem complete or a bit rushed and a cop out if you know what I mean!?
Mon 13/02/12 at 13:05
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Completed it now. Fairly short, but thankfully completing the story isn't the whole deal.

The ending (or non-100% one) is pretty cool by the way. Well worth rushing the story to get to, before doing 100%.

Chocobo racing... awesome once you get in to it :D
Fri 10/02/12 at 14:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Get Flanitor when you can. Apparently the best healer there is thanks to his link skil. I'm still using Cait, but only until he comes along.

Also, lesser known fact. When you level up the roles are you making sure you use the big crystrals in the crystarium for your main role?

I basically use small crystals for 'off-roles' while switching back to main roles for big crystals. Obvsiously I haven't sone this all the time otherwise I wouldn't be lvl 60main/20/20 on odds.

Reason being that the big crystals give you a bonus for the role you level it up with. So if you use the big crystals to level COM up you get +2 STR, whereas using it to level RAV gets you +2 MAG, (think MED and SEN are both +6HP, and the others are... :S)

Also I like your paradigms except the last RAV/RAV/MED. I use COM/RAV/MED instead.

COM/RAV will attack the same target, as opposed to opposite ones.
Also the MED does nothing to slow the stagger gauge decreasing, and RAV's don't have the "slow stagger" effect. Also not sure if you noticed but the stagger itself lasts half as long if you didn't stagger when the "slow stagger" was in effect.

For notes:
SEN defensive/provoke spells slow the gauge
SAB debuffs spells slow the gauge
COM attacks spells slow the gauge

Phew. Sorry for the lesson if it wasn't needed, but it's my thang.
Fri 10/02/12 at 12:11
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, so pretty close. I have not unlocked any of the other roles like SYN or MED, just stayed with basic 3 and levelled them up so I think im pretty strong.

I use;

COM/RAV/MED
COM/COM/MED (when staggered)
SEN/SEN/SEN (for big hits)
RAV/RAV/MED (to get stagger)

Seems to work well, need a decent monster companion really, as I have Cait Sith at level 23 who knows the 2nd level cure spell but still is weak as! Heard the Chocobos are good but hard to get and have high HP when you fight them. So want a Green one to be my MED, I just like not having to worrying about healing and just going all out attack lol.

Im enjoying it and will hopefully get some more time in soon, and i dont even mind grinding a little here and there to bump the levels up, but CP points seem to be given out in plentiful amounts, especially Bosses where you get a few thousand!
Fri 10/02/12 at 11:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Show Spoiler

Noel: 50-55 COM, 20 SYN, 15-20 RAV
Serah: 60 RAV, 22 SAB, 16 MED
Monsters:
--RAV (the little gremlin like thing, without it being an actual gremlin from the first zone) -He is 25 odd. 480 magic or so.
--COM. I use Svarog (rare spawn I found in the 2nd area (just before boss), very hard fight). -Absolute beast lvl 30, 380 attack 3000HP odd.
--SEN. I use Pulsework Soldier, maxed at level 20.

I'm switching out to "Miniflan" soon for COM though, as he is lvl21 with slightly less power, but more magic (Svarog is 380STR, 70 MAG roughly, whereas Minflan is 350 on both for example).

I'm liking that the wrong paradigm set up can ruin you still though. I came across one boss (the one just before you meet the leader of academy) where I died!! Usual paradigms just left me no room to damage him while he was staggered.

I switched to using the SEN/SEN/SEN then COM/RAV/MED and just 'served' him. 5 stars. Woop.
Fri 10/02/12 at 10:12
Regular
"THFC"
I aint had the chance the play it that much really i am around the part where;

Show Spoiler

Not sure how that compares with you, my characters seem to be high level, as Noel is level 62 COM (not focusing on much else for him really) and Serah is level 40 RAV but with COM being mid 30's aswell.

Is the cap 99? If so it seems like you will reach that easily!? unless im being naive haha.

Whats you take on the monsters and what do you use?
Fri 10/02/12 at 10:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Played it for roughly 7 hours now (or so).

Show Spoiler

Enjoying it so far, but I think they have failed at the integrating story again. Find myself reading the datalog after every cut scene for a full translation again.
Tue 07/02/12 at 18:38
Regular
"THFC"
Very! I tend to get new releases quite a bit, but then sometimes I dont have much on my list, it is annoying if there is something you want and then dont get for a while, but still a good service IMO

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.