GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone remember Rainbird??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 21:22
Regular
I was digging thorugh soem old games the other day and found a few of my favourite games of all time, one of which is Starglider a game created by a company called Rainbird and published by its sister company Firebird, both company's later become part of Electronic arts, so i just wondered if anyoen else on here knows of the company or of any of their superb games? Let me know
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
And if you are just joking I apologise for making a fool out of myself. I'm tired, I ache from doing games, and I cannot find any tone in these posts!
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Ah I loved the spectrum. Was a time not so long ago where I could have dinner while waiting for a game to load in twenty minutes. Then I'd play and play and play on the good old spectrum - (Chuckie Egg class).... and then I became addicted to games... my bank balance went down, my social life was destroyed and I played and played.

Gotta love those weird noises it made as well. And cassettes. He he, how old are they?

But seriously you developed stuff for the Spectrum? Never knew that.
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
Can't be Crash, Tony, must have been something else:

http://www.mjwilson.demon.co.uk/crash/14/gyron.htm
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:26
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I seem to recall that Gyron got a 100% review in crash. It sold well to start with and then bombed.
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:26
Regular
Tony wrote:
"NAH, I'm happily married. (briefly fantasises)"

*thinks about making a joke about tempting Fate, but brains have frozen, both of them*
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:22
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Rainbird Software did not do a lot for the Spectrum, as it was focused on the 16 bit machines (Amiga and ST) and was producing Simulations and Adventures.

We did Gyron on the Spectrum, with the prize of a Porsche. I think about 7 people solved the game and came forward to a final playoff. They were none too please when a Spanish guy (playing the same playoff in Spain) actually won the Porsche. He was only 15 years old though, so had to take the money!

Gyron involved manouvering a bit white ball (as in The Prisoner) through a maze. I still have the cover artwork framed on my office wall at Special Reserve.
Wed 30/01/02 at 11:21
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
So apart from attracting a membe rof staff to the topic, does anyone actually remember any rainbird games?

I was hoping to kind of find some Spectrum fans in here...
Wed 30/01/02 at 10:19
Regular
"not dead"
Tony wrote:

That's not fair. Now you've made me feel really
> old. And I was feeling so young too, after blasting everybdoy out of sight with
> my Lotus, in the rain, on the track, at Bentwaters Park, organised by
> Bookatrack.com, on Sunday afternoon.

You're as old as you feel. I felt very old at 5 this morning, when Malibu wouldn't sleep, and older still having to get out of bed an hour and a half later!
Wed 30/01/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
GOTY promotion?

You want pictures of my man-breasts?
Well, I don't see how it will flog computer stuff but hey, anything for commerce
Wed 30/01/02 at 10:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> Made any good deals lately?

1am?

You should have been in
> bed, Grandad.

Got yourself a zimmer-frame yet?

;-)

That's not fair. Now you've made me feel really old. And I was feeling so young too, after blasting everybdoy out of sight with my Lotus, in the rain, on the track, at Bentwaters Park, organised by Bookatrack.com, on Sunday afternoon.

PAH. Anyway we are doing a "model search" for GOTY promotion at the Basildon shop on Sunday. Fancy my chances? NAH, I'm happily married. (briefly fantasises)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.