GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone remember Rainbird??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 21:22
Regular
I was digging thorugh soem old games the other day and found a few of my favourite games of all time, one of which is Starglider a game created by a company called Rainbird and published by its sister company Firebird, both company's later become part of Electronic arts, so i just wondered if anyoen else on here knows of the company or of any of their superb games? Let me know
Thu 31/01/02 at 17:54
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Cool, this is what i wanted, to stir up memories of playing wicked games a while ago, rather than all this talk of all the latest releases, which gets boring.. after a while
Thu 31/01/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I remember getting a spectrum with 2 firebird games 1 which the name I can't remember, and the other was booty (hopefully, my memory of those days isn't as fresh as it used to be), booty was one of my favourite spectrum games we had and my dad would play it for hours because he was addicted to it. We would all sit round the tv waiting for our turn to have a go, to see if we could get further than each other, good stuff.
Wed 30/01/02 at 21:14
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Nice to know i bought back fond memories of games of yesteryear
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
VenomByte wrote:
That has to be the best scrolling shot
> em up I've ever played. I used to own that game on the spectrum, but lost it
> somehow. I never found it again... and that has haunted me ever since.

You can pickup the PC 3D sequal for about 5 quid now too...
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:42
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"shoot* em up"
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:41
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Fatal Furby wrote:
> i don't remember rainbird, but thinking back it reminds me of a game called silk
> worm.

That has to be the best scrolling shot em up I've ever played. I used to own that game on the spectrum, but lost it somehow. I never found it again... and that has haunted me ever since.

Great in two player mode - one helicopter & one jeep, both very different abilities, but working together. A true classic that. Quite difficult, too. I think my brother and I completed it a couple of times.

Actually, thinking about it - that must have been one of the first games I ever completed - possibly THE first!

Cool. It's ages since I last thought about that game.
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Didnt they use StarGlider in some kids TV show...

Some Saturday Morning thing?
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:36
i don't remember rainbird, but thinking back it reminds me of a game called silk worm.
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:02
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Well sort of, as far as i know (i was told this as a young child by my brother) they were bought by Electronic Arts some time ago, as for the special reserve connection, i had no idea
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:51
Regular
""
Well EA are class and you've said that the birds have joined with them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.