GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone remember Rainbird??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 21:22
Regular
I was digging thorugh soem old games the other day and found a few of my favourite games of all time, one of which is Starglider a game created by a company called Rainbird and published by its sister company Firebird, both company's later become part of Electronic arts, so i just wondered if anyoen else on here knows of the company or of any of their superb games? Let me know
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:48
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
That was the point of my post! Rainbird and firebird games were great, but now there's a whole generation (maybe even two) that havn't ever heard of them, iam glad this topic has been so well posted on, and hope that some of the younger posters have learnt a old name, with some great games!
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:44
Regular
""
'cos I'm 13 and never heard of either Firebird or Rainbird!
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:36
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
To be honest i dont really know, i was playign there games from the age of about 4/5 and my brother had had the spectrum long enough to trust me with it, so iam guessing quite a while ago..
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:33
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
ah the memories :-) i remember beign very happy when i got the newer spectrum and was able to put the rubber keyboard one at the back of the cupboard, actually i think its still there.... *checks cupboard*

Wow, i reckon this might be worth a bit, not that i coudl ever sell it, and it has Minder! Excellent!
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:31
Regular
""
How old are rainbird? Just wondering!
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:30
"possibly impossible"
I worked on Your Sinclair for a (very) short while, even writing reviews for them. Fun all the way, especially with the likes of the mad Duncan Macdonald. Ah, those days in Oxford Street...
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:27
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
So who owns the rights to Starglider now? iam sure these modern machines could handle a decent remake, or maybe even budle all the origianl rainbird + firebird games on a gba cart!
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
Just looking at some stuff... Firebird did Thrust? Wow!
> That's one of my all time favourite classics.

They've done a remake of that
> on Sky Digital, you know.

Is that true... wicked. Did you get any money out of that Tony? :-D
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:54
Regular
Hey, no problem.

Just looking at some stuff... Firebird did Thrust? Wow! That's one of my all time favourite classics.

They've done a remake of that on Sky Digital, you know.
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Can't be Crash, Tony, must have been something
> else:

http://www.mjwilson.demon.co.uk/crash/14/gyron.htm

Awe shucks Grix, thanks for the URL. You are SUCH a thoughtful person.

Well maybe it was 93%, or maybe the 100% review was in C&VG or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.