GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HA! Laughing at Xbox Live!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/01/03 at 18:07
Regular
Ok Ok. I am a Ninty and this is a very large piece of fan boyism!

But I just have to do this!

I am laughing so much at you becuase you have to pay every 12 months for your X-Box live subscription! :P

I will only have to pay my existing Broadband connection (well my parents) and I will get 600k Gamecube internet speed!

So HA!

*please do not be mad - you can try to prove me wrong if you want but due to my Nintyness I am always biased anyway :P*
Thu 09/01/03 at 20:18
Regular
Fosbe wrote:
> Actually if you want the best gaming experice with more games enabled
> than xbox live. Gamespy.

Gamespy suck, hugely.
Thu 09/01/03 at 19:32
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Voice chat?
>
> It must get annoying when idiots start making noises down the headset
> and stuff.

I've seen it happen an awful lot of times. People just making horrible splurgy noises (like being sick) down the mic, and generally just being really stupid, and singing etc.

Luckily, you can mute specific players to shut them up.
Thu 09/01/03 at 19:05
Regular
See, i just haven't seen that happen at all.

As for people who'd rather have their mates round an dplay on their own. With most Xbox Live games you can play split screen multiplayer ONLINE.

Yes you and your mates can play splitscreen against other humans too.

Before you take digs at something, do your homework properly.
Thu 09/01/03 at 18:25
"Uzi Lover"
Voice chat?

It must get annoying when idiots start making noises down the headset and stuff.
Thu 09/01/03 at 18:23
Regular
"ProGolfer"
And if you ask me £40 is dam good i mean a years subscription then they plan to do something else in one year another deal or something to make you subscribe again, you also dont have to pay for extra material. Oh and i owuld like to see nintendo or sony invest 2 bill in online gameing for there consoles.
Thu 09/01/03 at 18:20
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Actually if you want the best gaming experice with more games enabled than xbox live. Gamespy.
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Festivus!"
Minus the voice chat (oooo) what difference would online play have to playing a CPU? yes, the skill level, but that's about it. The whole fun of Multiplayer is that you can interfere with your mates plying and abuse them (yes, voice chat, but it shan't be as good).

I'll go online with my Gc, for Mario Kart, but that's it.
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Digging!"
Not to Update2.01

The only difference between ADSL and DSL is on uses fibre optics (DSL) and one uses either copper cables or fibre optics (ADSL), and has nothing to do with whether its a phone line or comes from cable. The main reason America has DSL is most of the phone lines are newer than the UK's so are mainly fibre optic, were as the UK's are all old copper cables (thanks for that BT).
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Digging!"
Online only games have monthly fees most of the time, as im sure you know. So I think the Xbox live thing is quite a good idea, as you don't have all those monthly fees building up.
Thu 09/01/03 at 14:16
"possibly impossible"
Well they won't get me. I don't have Broadband, so no Xbox live for me. I laugh at you all....hahahahaahahah...oh. Damn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.