GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next big one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 21:15
Regular
Panzer Dragoon Orta

After a whole string of reviews I've read there is only one conclusion- this will be great.

Epic storyline, fantastic soundtrack, great old skool gameplay with new twists, tons of extras- including the saturn original not to mention the best visual experience Xbox has yet delivered. I'll back that up- I've seen footage.

And one more thing- Boss Battles! They're back. According to Gamespot, its one of the best blends between tried and tested gameplay with new technology. I like the sound of that.

Set youy money aside for this one guys.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:45
Regular
Actually that does sound truly cack. I'm sure it isn't, but I've never played an entire game that was on rails, apart from shooters like HoTD and the Jurrasic Park one in the arcades.

I'm not quite sure how doing nothing but moving a curser round the screen to target enemies while everything else is done for you is going to be such a blockbuster game, but then I haven't bothered to get any information about so I don't really know.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:46
Regular
Morrowind is my favourite game, but I also love Rez.
Maybe I'm a gaming extremist or something....
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Likewise with me.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
(To WS that is)

:)
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:52
Regular
Well, Pokemon Snap pulled it off, it was fun, although it was a very different concept. Then again, it was far from a blockbuster title.

You know the first secret mission in Rogue Leader? Where you're a gunner in the Falcon and you just target and shoot the enemies? Well by the soudns of it, this whole game is just that, hardly sounds exhilerating...
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:01
Regular
Unless it's done with style, then on-rails is bull. Panzer Dragoon Orta sounds like it has a lot of variety and keeps the player on his toes. That's why it's got such high review scores.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Actually that does sound truly cack. I'm sure it isn't, but I've never played an entire game that was on rails,

As said Pokemon snap is on rails. PDO is alot like Space Harrier(remember that?)- sort of.

I also played a bit in roague Leader where you go down this sort of canynon on a big space ship, and you have to dodge the beams and shot stuff. PDO that I think.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:21
Regular
Space Harrier wasn't on rails.....well, it was kind of primitive, you could move round in a big circle, but the enemies alwasy stayed in fornt of you.

But yeah, I know what you mean, but for someone who hasn't read a couple of page preveiws in a magazine, the prospect of an on-rails shooter being a huge system selling game seems a little ridiculous.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:34
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Ahh, No, now I think about it PDO isn't onrails in the same way House of the dead is, but it is like Space harrier. In PDo you move into the screen but still can move around and dodge fire. You still are guided through the level along various routes.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:36
Regular
So it's like Lylat Wars or Starwing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.