GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next big one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 21:15
Regular
Panzer Dragoon Orta

After a whole string of reviews I've read there is only one conclusion- this will be great.

Epic storyline, fantastic soundtrack, great old skool gameplay with new twists, tons of extras- including the saturn original not to mention the best visual experience Xbox has yet delivered. I'll back that up- I've seen footage.

And one more thing- Boss Battles! They're back. According to Gamespot, its one of the best blends between tried and tested gameplay with new technology. I like the sound of that.

Set youy money aside for this one guys.
Sun 02/02/03 at 13:35
Regular
JSRF probably won't make it it is hardly harnesing the Gamecubes capabilties releasing a port. No Smilebit will make an exclusive game, due to JSRF selling poorly on the X-box and that they really want to make a sequel I expect a JSR 3 game to appear or a Panzer Dragon game...

I just want JSRF i so so so want that game.
Mon 03/02/03 at 13:13
Regular
JSRF rules, I would'nt say it sold "poorly" it justcame out at the wrong time when all the big launch titles were around (Halo, PGR ect)

Still Smilebit on the GC ey? Cool.
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:36
Regular
I don't like JET SET RADIO FUTURE one bit, in fact I would go as far to say that it is boring. I rented the game and completed the story mode in 3 days (around 22 hours) and after the initial novelty had worn off the game quickly became boring and tedious to play. Along with TimeSplitters 2 I think that JSRF is a game that reviews have been far too generous towards. I am not saying the game is rubbish because it clearly isn't, however as a fan of many different genres I couldn't adapt my play style to get a high level of enjoyment out of this game. If it comes into a cheap range then I may think of picking it up but for now and for the near future the game won't be entering my collection. Thats a promise thats ALASTAIR price :)
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Eh ? Don't need or want a Gamecube. Theres not enough on it or
> coming out for it that I want to warrant buying it.
> I'm happy with my X-Box and theres tons of games I want on it this
> year so all my money will be going towards those. :-)

Reverse the console names and you have my situation.

Foolish Sav.

:D
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Along
> with TimeSplitters 2 I think that JSRF is a game that reviews have
> been far too generous towards.

I know what you mean about TS2.

It really isn't that amazing...
Mon 03/02/03 at 19:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cyclone wrote:
> Reverse the console names and you have my situation.
>
> Foolish Sav.
>
> :D

But with 1 major difference, I doubt you have a list of over 60 games that you want for your console. ;-)

Foolish Cyclone ;-)
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:21
Regular
Well after playing Nintendo games, his standards have been left that litte bit higher than yours! :-P
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:48
Regular
Now owning both I can safely say that there isn't much to pick between both. In terms of games that I want this year I would have to say that there are more for the Xbox than the GameCube but the GameCube exclusives can easily compete with Xbox exclusives. The top 5 games that I want for each are:

Xbox:

Deaus EX 2: Invisible War
Operation Flashpoint
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Dead or Alive 4
Shenmue 2X

I haven't included Perfect Dark 2, Brute Force, Fable, Halo 2, Kameo, Project Gotham 2 etc because I don't believe that they will be released this year and probably not before Christmas of 2004 for Perfect Dark 2 and Halo 2. They are the top 5 but I could equally match up games that I want just as much but because I have preferences towards other games in the same series or because I like the genre.

GameCube:

Metroid Prime
Mario Kart
Resident Evil Zero
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Pro Evolution 2

The list looks just as good and I am looking forward to each one just as much as I am with my Xbox list. However if I extend the list further I may only reach 12 for my GameCube but with the Xbox I can stretch to 20 exclusive titles that I am really looking forward to. Due to cash and not purchasing many more games between now and my GCSE's I won't manage all 20 Xbox games and this is when I believe that the consoles become equal in terms of games that I can afford. Granted the Xbox will have the wider range of must own exclusive titles but the GameCube 12 will easily keep my going until 2004.

On top of that I am picking up Rez for the Dreamcast which will set me back a bit and I will also be picking up another PS2 after my GCSE's so that I don't miss out on anymore GTA games and so that I can pick up the MUST own exclusive titles available for that as well.

Both consoles warrant an equal amount of attention and although I do favour the Xbox as a CONSOLE, the games being released on each are equally as good as one another. I think I am being fair when I say that the Xbox does have the better action/shooting games which tends to be my favourite genre, however Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness are up there in my top 20 games of all time and I am only 1/16 of the way through Eternal Darkness. This year looks even better for the Xbox and GameCube and altough the PS2 will cater for my GTA needs and 'Crime em ups' the Xbox and GameCube will be focused on more closely.

Is that fair or is that fair?
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:50
Regular
The best 3 games in the world currently rank at:

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime

Compiled by me

Can't help but notice your top 3 XBox games aren't exclusive, hmm
Mon 03/02/03 at 21:07
Regular
The top 2 are Xbox console exclusives and that is all I am bothered about because I don't purchase PC games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.