GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next big one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 21:15
Regular
Panzer Dragoon Orta

After a whole string of reviews I've read there is only one conclusion- this will be great.

Epic storyline, fantastic soundtrack, great old skool gameplay with new twists, tons of extras- including the saturn original not to mention the best visual experience Xbox has yet delivered. I'll back that up- I've seen footage.

And one more thing- Boss Battles! They're back. According to Gamespot, its one of the best blends between tried and tested gameplay with new technology. I like the sound of that.

Set youy money aside for this one guys.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
Gucking Food, in my opinion :D.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:32
Regular
Halo is just pure brilliance.

A Masterpiece.

My fave lavels have to be "343 Guilty Spark" (the Jungle one) as its all atmospheric and cool. "The Silent Cartogrepher" the beach landing is amazing!

Also, Having looked into this new Zelda game, I feel it looks plucking amazing!
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:45
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> That what you was looking for Mav?

As I die hard Zelda fan - I was just joking around really. You don't have to justify your opinion to me, I accept what you think. I was just messing around. Y'know - Insult Zelda and Die! kind of thing. So.. er.. didn't realise people would start getting serious and telling me to 'drop' things.

:D
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, I prefer Predators and Aliens, because they A) Provide a decent atmosphere, either through massive attack or through being hunted by a damn clever beasty and B) Because they look better. :D

Based on my extensive playtesting, all the covenant does is either run away, roll around, or charge madly at me.

Fun fun.

Silent Cartographer is the best level - the intro is cool, like an advanced 'Nam film. However, the rest of the level is pants. Like the game.

:D

Hehe.

And yes Garbe, AvP2 is quality. Dunno about that set-up.....should run.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I hate the libary level. Too repetive.

All the rest are brillient. Especially Truth and Reconcilation, the silent cartographer, assault on the control room and the last level.
Mon 10/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Garbe smells of wee wee
>
> Agreed although I have been to see the doctor about my problem. How
> did you find out?

I can smell you from here
Mon 10/02/03 at 19:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The difference with those games is that the enemies in Halo use tactics to get at you so its like fighting a World War 2 battle (on the ground of course) and then you have the Flood which basically do as their name suggests - They attempt to overwhelm you with their numbers.

As for the AvP games, the Aliens create tension because they just run at you from any direction like they're on drugs. No tactics are needed, just a ton of bullet spray, hoping that you catch them in the firing line. This to me isn't really that fun, I prefer enemies that are clever and adapt to different situations.
For me, the Covenant are the best AI opponents I've faced in a game. And when you're playing through the later levels, its great being a part of a Human vs Covenant vs Flood battle. :-)

I can't wait for Halo 2 to arrive. I've never played a game as much as I've played Halo - even now I still love playing it regularly and the same goes with other X-Box owners. I don't think there are too many games that can boast that.

MGS was a game I played a lot, but the sequel (although really good), never really grabbed me in the same way. But Halo is by far my favourite game of all time. :-)
Mon 10/02/03 at 19:09
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Garbe smells of wee wee

Agreed although I have been to see the doctor about my problem. How did you find out?

I can't speak for anyone other than myself on this one but to be honest everytime I play Halo I appreciate something new and to me the game is highly enjoyable. However I appreciate your opinion Cyclone, sadly though I missed out on Alien VS Predetor 2. Would it run on a Pentium 3, 667 MHZ, 12MB Ram with a 15GB Hard Drive? I have been contemplating a purchase for a while now and the game looks and sounds like I will enjoy it immensly.
Mon 10/02/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Unretired"
I can see where cyclone is coming from, compared to alien versus preditor halo isnt half as tense, but I still found it pretty thrilling to play, and highly enjoyable.
Mon 10/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The Library
> mission (although not my favourite) is so tense it is unbelievable.
>

Ironic that I was going to use that as the least atmospheric level. Heh. I shall anyway. I did it on the normal setting, on a big TV, but with no surrouns sound. Apart from the hugely repetitve level look gripe that that level suffers in particular from, even though the flood was chasing me, I wasn't bothered at all, and I'd played it fully all the way through. There was no sense of urgency or panic. It was rubbish.

On AvP2, there is a seciton where you go into an alien nest, and see one of your mates up on the wall. As you look at it, a chestburster flies out, and then you run, wildly spraing bullets at the actualy scary enemies - Aliens. They actualy move fast, and go infront of you and everything.

The flood are slow and bouncy.

The only level that is interesting is the jungle one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.