GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"x box exclusive (ahem) 'splinter cell' coming to cube,"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Thu 16/01/03 at 14:42
Regular
thats right according to cube magazine, this one time exclusive is coming to the cube, ha ha result
Sat 18/01/03 at 00:58
Regular
I dont know.. DOES the X-Box actually have a higher polygon count?
Fri 17/01/03 at 22:58
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Stop trying to argue the Gamecube's graphics are better than the
> Xbox's. Because they're not.

Not in polygons but the Gamecube has better technical effects than the X-box so GC specific games will still have to be downgraded for the X-box and the GC's colour pallet works better.

> And Splinter Cell for GC will be the watered down PS2 version with
> messed up controls.

It isn't a direct port, Splinter Cell has been running side by side with the X-box version for ages... it just came out first on the X-box because of a 2002 deal.
Fri 17/01/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Argh scary wars about graphics..
Fri 17/01/03 at 17:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Stop trying to argue the Gamecube's graphics are better than the Xbox's. Because they're not.
And Splinter Cell for GC will be the watered down PS2 version with messed up controls.
Fri 17/01/03 at 15:38
Regular
"aliens exist"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm sure you'll find that they'll be scaling down the graphics.
>
> Spinter Cell even suffers slowdown on Xbox so I'm sure it would on
> Gamecube.

not according to capcom, they sais they havent ecnountered any problems yet, one thing which cube has over the ex box, its colours are so much more vibrtant and not as washed out as the box,

also starfox, thats pretty damm good, like to see something that good on the box
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:41
Regular
In the specification of an Adventure game it doesn't say it has to be third person... then it is an Adventure game.

What are you? Some townie who has to water down everything into set catagories... I hope you don't like Linkin Park because they will hate you.

It is a Metroid game... nothing quiet like it. The closest description is a First Person Adventure game... it fits in the misscelaneous catagory.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:25
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Because it isn't a first person shooter?
>
> You really need to understand... MEtroid Prime wasn't the game of last
> year in America because it features a female main character.

here we go again, its a FPS.
there is no class for FPAs, so it cannot be classed as one.
ok, compared to say halo etc it is different.
but you still go around shooting things, be they creatures or doors, and you still have to solve puzzles and do certain things etc.
all FPS are like that, you still have to do puzzles etc, ok what do you class Turok Evolution as? (apart from rubbish)
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:23
Regular
i know it isnt, and i did get used to it, i just got fed up with having to do the same stuff over and over again, granted i didnt get very far, in fact only up to where you get your magnet ball thingymabob
but i just dont feel like giving it the time of day.

ill lay it one day but right now i refer my other games, Dead to Rights, REsi 0, again and Zelda when it arrives.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:22
Regular
Because it isn't a first person shooter?

You really need to understand... MEtroid Prime wasn't the game of last year in America because it features a female main character.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:20
Regular
Edbear wrote:

> true, but there is nothing there that makews me want to play more.
>
> and i knnow you can "circle strafe" as such but you need to
> hold the button down while targeting an eemy to do it!
> why?

Coz it's not an integral part of the game, the further you get into the game you will start to realise why and get used to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.