GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"x box exclusive (ahem) 'splinter cell' coming to cube,"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Thu 16/01/03 at 14:42
Regular
thats right according to cube magazine, this one time exclusive is coming to the cube, ha ha result
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:30
Regular
Thats raw though, we don't know the Gamecubes raw count.
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:28
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I dont know.. DOES the X-Box actually have a higher polygon count?

125 million Polygons Per Second
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:20
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> There's been no screenshots for the Gamecube version but there will be
> next week... it comes out a few months later than the PS2 version.

I've just seen a video on the G-Force DVD of the GameCube version. Looks just like the X-Box one, actually.
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Dringo wrote:
> They didn't get worked up about its defection...

Defection is hardly the right word is it ??

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:47
Regular
There's been no screenshots for the Gamecube version but there will be next week... it comes out a few months later than the PS2 version.
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Balls"
i can only find splinter cell on PS2 or X-box, on SRs database. is the cube gonna get it even later than the PS2?

it dont matter to me as i have a PS2 but i would like more games for my GC as i have to many PS2 games.
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:30
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> In other words, Cube are getting worked up over the fact they are so
> crap they didn't know this yet...

They didn't get worked up about its defection... just X-box was hailing it as the next big thing since Halo. Cube simply knew all along... but didn't we all.
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Meh.

I can wait for a game.

And Cube really is poor.
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well all I can say is Cube Magazine has all the journalistic talent and researching skills of the entire combined teams of the Daily Mail, The Sun, and The Mirror.....and this isn't a compliment.

It has been made abundantly clear, by MS, by UBI Soft, and other QUALITY magazines, that Splinter Cell was a time period exclusive for the Xbox, not a platform exclusive.

Point is, Xbox had it first, Nintendo, PC, Sony, get it last. Hence if you wanted to play Splinter Cell last Xmas you needed an Xbox - the whole point of time period exclusives.

In other words, Cube are getting worked up over the fact they are so crap they didn't know this yet...

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 18/01/03 at 02:28
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I dont know.. DOES the X-Box actually have a higher polygon count?

does it matter?
its the gsmes that matter, and personally i think the xbox has better games than the gc!
it didnt until i got into xbox live!
but now, i cant put it down!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.