GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Vamp Deserve a 3rd chance?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/02 at 18:15
Regular
I think not - any one agree with me and if you do how could SR get rid of him permanelty rather than just getting a new username - i mean he must be puttin in his real address to win GAD so they could just ban his address!
MM
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:00
ok then ban the persons address they put in when registering. that way even though they can still register they can't win GAD. well they can but they won't get it
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:18
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
> ok then ban the persons address they put in when registering. that way even though they can still register they can't win GAD. well they can but they won't get it

banning the address should'nt be too hard for the criminal mind to overcome, its simple if i live on '10 special street', my new address will be, 'flat 1, 10 special street', i doubt that the sr computer is clever enough to say that the two addresses are the same.
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:21
yea but they won't be able to win GAD if they have to make up a new address will they.
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Doesn't even take a criminal mind, unless your incredibly sad with no friends you simply enter a friends address or something and if you win, it goes to their address and you pick it up from there - simple.

Thing is, if someone really wants to be around here, I don't think theres a lot SR can do about it beyond banning the name that has cheated, done wrong, etc.
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:27
i know if i had metal gear solid 2 delivered on my doorstep i ain't giving it to my mate without a fight. anyway i don't know how to stop it i just making suggestions
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:39
I like vamp he was ok he helped me with my ps2 so he is a decent guy. Plus I know alot of people who dont like u MM so dont be spreading ur propeganda around the forum.
Fri 25/01/02 at 01:40
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
Silent85 wrote:
> I like vamp he was ok he helped me with my ps2 so he is a decent guy. Plus I
> know alot of people who dont like u MM so dont be spreading ur propeganda around
> the forum.

Thanx mate :)
Fri 25/01/02 at 09:59
Regular
"  "
Yeah but if Vamp keeps getting banned then there is a reason for it and therefore SR don't want him on.
Fri 25/01/02 at 10:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Having been on the forums for a LONG time, let me just point out how futile it is to perminantly ban people...

You can't block the IP address because this changes, and people share them (me and Misterhappy use the same school-line for example).

You can't ban the address- either people will make a minor spelling mistake, or put someone elses address down.

You can't block the name- people just fake it.

So, you can't do anything at all.

Sonic
Fri 25/01/02 at 14:00
ban him 4 good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.