GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stereotyping"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 21:22
Regular
Doesn't sterotyping irritate you?

My aunty came around today and because I was wearing baggy trowsers she says, "Ooh so you are one of those stupid moshers now". The rest of my family (Who still live on coincil estates where they were brought up, my mum was the only 1 who moved away) are all townies.

She gave me a total lecture about how I am a misfit and look stupid wearing baggys and hoody and how we 'all have skateboads and spraypaint walls'

This isnt the only prejedgement I have undergone in my life. Because I aren't particularly tall (Im about 5'6) people assume I am not going to fight back. This guy as school who is the cockiest son of a 8itch you will ever meet decided that because I am better than him at football, he would threaten me. I floored him and gave him a black eye. I have however been given black eyes and bust lips by people who assume I wont fight back.

Also because I am pretty big, always have been (Done weights and rugby since I can remember) My teachers assume I will be disruptive. The fact I used to have a skinhead didnt help, but they accused me of been the trouble causer when infact I got some of the best grades in the year in the exams.

One thing I cannot stand is stereotyping people for the way they look or act. I've said my piece now and am happy. Thanks for listening.

kyz
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
"bWo > You"
Red and Black Wine Gums have finally made their glorious return (hic!)
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Black wine gums are the spawn of satan himself.
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:37
Regular
"Link to the Future"
So what are the red ones?
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Acceptable.
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:44
Regular
Winegums used to have real wine in them, now they don't.

But they still put the wine that used to be in it round the edge. I think the black one says 'port'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:51
Regular
"Link to the Future"
The red ones say 'Claret', I think.
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:52
"The Will of D."
I don't like the red and black ones, it has to be the green, yellow and orange ones for me.

Once I had a NORMAL packet of wine gumsand unbeknowst to me it was full of just red and black ones, and no other flavours, I said sod it and gave them all to my Dad.
Sun 19/01/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
We got from prejudiuce to the biggest wine gums discussion ever. Cool.
Sun 19/01/03 at 10:55
"The Will of D."
Kyz22 wrote:
> We got from prejudiuce to the biggest wine gums discussion ever. Cool.

Weird huh.
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Compared with the usual discussions in these forums it is far from weird.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.