GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stereotyping"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 21:22
Regular
Doesn't sterotyping irritate you?

My aunty came around today and because I was wearing baggy trowsers she says, "Ooh so you are one of those stupid moshers now". The rest of my family (Who still live on coincil estates where they were brought up, my mum was the only 1 who moved away) are all townies.

She gave me a total lecture about how I am a misfit and look stupid wearing baggys and hoody and how we 'all have skateboads and spraypaint walls'

This isnt the only prejedgement I have undergone in my life. Because I aren't particularly tall (Im about 5'6) people assume I am not going to fight back. This guy as school who is the cockiest son of a 8itch you will ever meet decided that because I am better than him at football, he would threaten me. I floored him and gave him a black eye. I have however been given black eyes and bust lips by people who assume I wont fight back.

Also because I am pretty big, always have been (Done weights and rugby since I can remember) My teachers assume I will be disruptive. The fact I used to have a skinhead didnt help, but they accused me of been the trouble causer when infact I got some of the best grades in the year in the exams.

One thing I cannot stand is stereotyping people for the way they look or act. I've said my piece now and am happy. Thanks for listening.

kyz
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:44
Regular
sstteerreeoottyyppiinngg iiss wwhheenn yyoouu ttyyppee iinn sstteerreeooo,, iiee,, ttyyppiinngg eeaacchh lleetttteerr ttwwiiccee.. II''ll ssttoopp nnooww..
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:46
Regular
paranoid idiot wrote:
> And I've recently wanted to change it to RADIOHEAD

YOu can hear the radio in your head? Coooooooool.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Scrum Half yes.

And I'm a dreamer, more than one who lives in reality.

And it really hurts sometimes.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
paranoid idiot wrote:

> And two if that isn't boasting then I don't know what is.

If I wanted to boast I would go on about my sex life, my rugged good looks and my sporting merits. I wouldn't make a post about prejudice.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cyclone wrote:
> Scrum Half yes.
>
> And I'm a dreamer, more than one who lives in reality.
>
> And it really hurts sometimes.

I guessed you would be a scrum or fly half.

My mates on the rugby team who play scrum half are quite dosile guys but really fast.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Kyz22 wrote:
> paranoid idiot wrote:
>
> And two if that isn't boasting then I don't know what is.
>
> If I wanted to boast I would go on about my sex life, my rugged good
> looks and my sporting merits. I wouldn't make a post about prejudice.

*yawn*

You still havn't got proof. You could be some spotty nerd for all I know. Give me proof and I'll decide.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I never play anymore.

I never do much sport anymore.

Why?

For gods sake, I'm sitting here, typing on a message board, while my brother plays a moraly repungant game (Vice City on a mates PS2) downstairs, the girl I feel for is somewhere, we haven't spoken for days, and I am thinking. Thinking too much.

My mates are somewhere, probably having a great time.

I'm here, doing sod all.

Great.

Time for change, methinks.

*rant over*
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Heh, rugby is a funny old game.

My brother used to play rugby for the county and once he said that this huge bloke was charging down the straight for a try. And what did he do? He tried to stop the bloke twice his size by standing directly in his path.

Use your imagination what happened next.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Kyz22 wrote:
> If I wanted to boast I would go on about my sex life, my rugged good
> looks and my sporting merits.

How long until this happens.
I am taking bets now.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Paranoid Idiot wrote:

>
> You still havn't got proof. You could be some spotty nerd for all I
> know. Give me proof and I'll decide.

Ok, what proof u want? I'll meet up with you and punch you if you want!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.