GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stereotyping"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 21:22
Regular
Doesn't sterotyping irritate you?

My aunty came around today and because I was wearing baggy trowsers she says, "Ooh so you are one of those stupid moshers now". The rest of my family (Who still live on coincil estates where they were brought up, my mum was the only 1 who moved away) are all townies.

She gave me a total lecture about how I am a misfit and look stupid wearing baggys and hoody and how we 'all have skateboads and spraypaint walls'

This isnt the only prejedgement I have undergone in my life. Because I aren't particularly tall (Im about 5'6) people assume I am not going to fight back. This guy as school who is the cockiest son of a 8itch you will ever meet decided that because I am better than him at football, he would threaten me. I floored him and gave him a black eye. I have however been given black eyes and bust lips by people who assume I wont fight back.

Also because I am pretty big, always have been (Done weights and rugby since I can remember) My teachers assume I will be disruptive. The fact I used to have a skinhead didnt help, but they accused me of been the trouble causer when infact I got some of the best grades in the year in the exams.

One thing I cannot stand is stereotyping people for the way they look or act. I've said my piece now and am happy. Thanks for listening.

kyz
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You'd be surprised.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think he knows that, to tell the truth.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> It's just the same with Skategoating, you can't skate on a goat, it's
> just un-possible without miniture rays.

Its scapegoating - placing the blame on someone.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:21
"The Will of D."
I'm on the top posters list of all time. Hurray for me!
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
How do we know you're not secretly planning to poke us?
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:16
"The Will of D."
froots wrote:
> lies!

No lie. Honest.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:09
Regular
lies!
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:05
"The Will of D."
It was.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
That sounds fun...
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:01
"The Will of D."
Last year at school be we always used to have a Big brother contest in our German class. We just nomitnated two people and the rest of the people just said which one will be evicted. Obviously we couldn't kick the person out of the class so we didn't count them in next lesson's game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.