GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox finally does somthing to impress!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/01/02 at 13:08
Regular
I haven't really been taken by the Xbox to this point, played most of the release games and with the exception of Halo, nothing really stood out! however all that change this morning.
A PR guy from Activision came around today with a preview copy of Reckless, and i must say it's easily the best looking game i've ever seem on a console - period.
Grpahically this is the first time i've ever really thought that the XBox was a generation above the PS2 - i know it's not really but looking at Reckless it was an impossible think otherwise.
And to be fair as i said the code i played was only preview - there was still a bit more optimisation to do as you did get the occational bit of slowdown - nothing to worry about even at this stage but when this game is released its going to kick butt.
The scary thing is the Reckless is a 1st generation Xbox game and it looks head and shoulders above all the 2nd generation PS2 games around at the moment. Just imagine the quality of XBox games in 6 months!

I'm still not buying an Xbox in march as i think it's to expensive, but i have to admit that i think the PS2 is really going to have a tough time keeping up with Microsofts machine this year!

Still getting a GameCube tho!

Anyone else seen Reckless first hand? What you think?
Wed 23/01/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Bah"
well i really dont think it has a chance with wrinkly bill backing it!
MM
Wed 23/01/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
But, it's gameplay thats important not just grpahics.
Wed 23/01/02 at 16:31
"You love us!"
Yeah sorry about that, it is wreckless! my mistake.

My main point wasn't really how strong the launch titles the PS2 or Xbox had (have) what i was saying is that when you compare the lunch titles of the PS2 (Tekken Tag, SSX etc) to the launch titles of the Xbox (Halo and Wreckless!) the grahical quality difference is amazing.

Now i know so smart guy is soing to say ahhh, but of course it is, cause the Xbox is a much newer machine. But the point is that the PS2 still hasen't got any games that even get close to Wreckless - and thats a couple of years down the line!

I know graphics don't make the game but in terms of 'next gen' experience i'd have to say the Xbox really does leave the PS2 standing - and considering they are both supposed to be fighting against each other for the next few years, what im saying is that when XBox programmer really (and by that i mean 6-12 months down the line) start to get to grips with the Xbox, PS2 is going to look pretty darm lame.

Everyone knows that it takes developers up to a year to really start to use a machine effectivley but already they seem to be able to get WAS more out of Xbox - and there still learning.
And again i know gameplay is king, but good games will come along for Xbox and PS2, but the fact is Xbox will make the PS2 look poor. Both are simlar price as we've established - so for this reason i can't see why anyone would want a PS2!

Still getting a Cube tho! ;-)
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The price may be the correct RRP.... WHO CARES! Fact is that the actual retailers are selling cards for the same price as PS2 cards... so why does the "official" price matter?

Sonic
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:37
¦¦ lvlägmä Ðrägòón ¦¦ wrote:
> i could have sworn reckless is spelt like 'wreckless'.

Now THAT'S what I call going off on a tangent!!!

Fair point of course...
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
¦¦ lvlägmä Ðrägòón ¦¦ wrote:
> i could have sworn reckless is spelt like 'wreckless'.

It is.
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:35
By the way, when do the stats update?
I'm nearly a regular!!

Plenty of words, not enough posts - but not much longer now.....
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Well, the thing is that even though MS say the mem card is £50, it's
> actually being sold for the same price as a PS2 card!

Oh, and remember you
> don't need to buy one!

Sonic

So the price is wrong on the site? I know you dont need a mem card but my mate is also getting a launch machine, so the only way to take saves over is by a mem card. Also it will act as a back up for all my saves.
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:34
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i could have sworn reckless is spelt like 'wreckless'.
Wed 23/01/02 at 15:31
I'm still interested in getting an Xbox eventually but not at launch.

As for the HD&Modem - Sony may as well release it tomorrow - if only a broadband adapter is available they may as well release a PS2 Toaster add-on as it'll be about as much use to me.

I need a 56k modem, not broadband adapter and as for the harddrive, I certainly won't bother with that until it's put to some good use.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.