GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC vs Consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/02/03 at 19:39
Regular
who else finds the narrow-minded people who only ever consider consoles to overpower the PC very idiotic?

ive asked around at my school and alsmot everyone who plays the console thinks that consoles are WAAAAY better than PC's - at least 'for gaming' they said. WAKE UP PPL. the specs of most top half PC's today dwarf the tiny consoles that keep spewing out of mindwarped companies. no matter how hard they try, xbox online, ps2 hooking up to modem, PC's will ALWAYS be one step ahead, be it technology, power or even looks. everything about the PC is that much better than any console out to date. THE plans for gamecube 2 or PS3 that may arrive in the future, are already out of date, for PC's are growing in power at an astonishing rate. only a few monthas ago, i saw 2.4 ghz PCs being the top spec out to date, and not only that but a few years ago, 500mhz was top of the range, and while PS2s and xbox's have showed an improvement over their previous type, the PCs will always be growing and will NEVER be out of date, constantly improving and never falling behind any petty console. EVEN MICROSOFT submitted to making a console, which is quite foolish, as they should have concentrated on improving their own OS and other small details that would ultimately make PC users lives that little more smooth.

i find it a shame that so many people have been brainwashed by the fancy ads that overrate the console entirely. but generally, PC's are usually owned by the more intelligent of society (hehe unless ure an exception, like me :) ) while consoles that simply switch on and take hours to load or do anything for that matter, belong to the young people of narrow minds.

this is merely my opinion, but im sure that other pc users out there are sick of seeing more and more people buying machines that may instantly be out of date and thrown to the back of the shelf to make way for a new improved model.

what do yall think?
Fri 25/04/03 at 17:07
Regular
_ThE_RaNDoM_ wrote:
> umm Pc r for diffrent use manly consols perpose use is for gaming `
> pc is all round .but if u want online games and stuff `get `a pc
> `not a `consol only if u relaly want one of the games the `consol has
> to offer i ave a ps2 which does fine > > same use u carnt compare themm really!!!

cant understand you man.....
Fri 25/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Aoe Master"
umm Pc r for diffrent use manly consols perpose use is for gaming ` pc is all round .but if u want online games and stuff `get `a pc `not a `consol only if u relaly want one of the games the `consol has to offer i ave a ps2 which does fine >
Thu 24/04/03 at 19:50
Regular
Should try metroid prime superb :D
Thu 24/04/03 at 19:30
Regular
Zhuge Liang wrote:
> Although the plasma nature of the monitor on a PC allows for more
> sharp detailed images, the games are very unreliable and the latest
> consols are much cheaper in the long run. Consol games are easier to
> control, but the PC has more games (but most are cr*p).
>
> Now i've confused myself, who's side am i on?

from the sounds of things, ure on the console side.
Thu 24/04/03 at 19:26
Regular
when i said cute, cuddly and crap - i meant over the top, sickly colourful and doesn't utilise the console to it's maximum ability, which is a shame really.

for example, stuck on a boat going very slowly with a singing turtle isn't my ideal situation for a good game. but then again - only a few RPG or adventure games catch my eye. so far only FFVIII has really been remotely interesting. and anyway, i'm more of an FPS type gamer, prefering mechwarrior and unreal tournament over rollercoaster tycoon and Nascar racing.

MAN, mechwarrior 4 mercs is just a real cool game. so cool - its ALMOST like an RPG, but with plenty of pretty mechanical action laced into it.
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:36
Regular
"bing bang bong"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> that reminds me, my brother in law was playing an imported game called
> animal crossing. it looked cute, cuddly and crap. now you dont get
> that kind of rubbish on PC's do ya?

That's quite a narrow view, don't you think? Animal Crossing is supposed to be very good - saying you don't like games because they're cute and cuddly is only going to deny yourself a lot of very good games, no? In fact this whole debate is pretty much "which hand do you cut off?" I play PC games and console games, I very much enjoy both and I wouldn't give up either, whether you and your posse of drooling morons think "consuls iz crap" or not.
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:33
Regular
"bing bang bong"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> i assume that the refresh rate measures maximum how many times the
> screen can refresh a second? e.g 60hz = max of 60 frames/sec?
>
> so im guessing that higher refresh rates are in order for better AGP's
> otherwise the card will be going faster than your monitor and it will
> tear, unless vsync is turned on, which is a pain in the bum.

Other way round, the monitor will be trying to show 75fps while the card is only throwing out 40fps. You will get half drawn frames in the middle, hence frame tearing.
Wed 23/04/03 at 19:12
Regular
"wow"
Although the plasma nature of the monitor on a PC allows for more sharp detailed images, the games are very unreliable and the latest consols are much cheaper in the long run. Consol games are easier to control, but the PC has more games (but most are cr*p).

Now i've confused myself, who's side am i on?
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:59
Regular
Actually its pretty good once u get into it rather than watch..
Wed 23/04/03 at 15:08
Regular
he was playing on his gamecube

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.