GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Long live the Nintendo 64..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
As great as Gamecube is, the N64 will live on in memory as a truly wonderful, magical console.
It gave un true analogue control, four player, and some other stuff.

Its death see the death of cartidge based (proper) consoles - the GBA carries on that legacy.

Rest in peace my dear friend you will never be forgotten - at least for another couple of years.

10 N64 games you should own:
The Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Majora's Mask
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart 64
Blast Corps

Tahnkyou for listening.
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:34
"Darkness, always"
I was fairly disappointed with the N64, but only in comparison to the NES, SNES and Gameboy, which I had owned previously.

It was, however, far superior to it's main competitor at launch - the Atari Jaguar, which I also owned, unfortunately.
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:32
Nintendo 64 was the first Nintendo console I ever owned...and I was not disappointed. The awe I felt when I first slipped that Mario cartridge into the slot was indescribable.

It was a revolutionary console; the graphics were groundbreaking, the sound was inspiring and the games produced were some of the most amazing and magical ever seen.

Such a pity to see it never received the appraisal it deserved, just because the Playstation barged in with its CD based gameplay and FMV movies, flooding the market with its advertising. But we all knew who the winner was in the end.

Gaming will never be the same without the good ol' 64. *sigh*
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh.

Anyway, I agree with your list, but I'd change Blast Corps for Banjo Kazooie anyday.

:)
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Yes by 'proper' I mean Home as in not portable/handheld/toilet based.
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Proper consoles? The GBA is a proper console... I think you meant Home...

:)
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
As great as Gamecube is, the N64 will live on in memory as a truly wonderful, magical console.
It gave un true analogue control, four player, and some other stuff.

Its death see the death of cartidge based (proper) consoles - the GBA carries on that legacy.

Rest in peace my dear friend you will never be forgotten - at least for another couple of years.

10 N64 games you should own:
The Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Majora's Mask
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart 64
Blast Corps

Tahnkyou for listening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.