GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:22
Regular
Thats right, remember it??

Its the game that was released to criticl acclaim and gathered numerous "Game of the year" tags from various magazines and websites. Now with Deus Ex 2 on the way, and promising to be "even more ground breaking than the first" I decided to buy this game, after a lot of deliberation (and seeing it in a shop for £5) , expecting to be in for a very cheap treat, oh how I was disappointed.

The game starts well, the training mission is helpful and the first real mision is also great, with all the sneaking about but after that....the game deteriorates, it just isn't enjoyable, tedious even. This may just be me, but its not...My friend also hates the game and he likes any first person shooter that you can move in (ie. all of them).

As the hype now begins for Deus Ex 2 and the anticipation to it being even better than the "world beating" original I must ask the question:

Did anyone actually like Deus Ex?? I didn't, and none of my friends did, yet it was an extremely well recieved game, maybe it was the RPG undertones, I don't know, but what I do know is that I am not on the Deus Ex 2 bandwagon and will be refraining from buying it.

Anyone else agree??
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I love Deus Ex, t's got loads of "extra" bits in it, like getting more points for upgrades, if you got it on PC then you probably made the wrong decision.
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:09
I thought Deus Ex was a really good game. I especially liked that it lasted for so long, which a lot of games don't have but it still had a lot of interactivity(is that a word?)

Anyway, i will be looking out for Deus Ex 2 seeing what is added to the game, anyone know?
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
GEP gun SMEP gun.

*Notables, notables all around, how or why did they get their crowns*

Thats my new little rhyme for when I become over-run by them darn yella-names

(say last bit in cowboy/wild west accent)
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bah. I'm gonna destroy you with my GEP Gun now.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
FINALLY!!!!!

Someone agrees!!!!!

*sigh of relief*

I am not alone.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:40
"Darkness, always"
Deus Ex was a load of crap. It's "revoltuinary" gaming elements meant simply that it took all the best elements from System Shock 2 and added a few open spaces.

Complete load of over-hyped and over-rated toss.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
http://www.deusex2.com/

Go there, and then artwork, and it's the third pic along I think. The city one.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:37
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
1) I am weird - ARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

2) Notables everywhere - ARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ba-BOOM! :D

I would say something comforting, like...nah, you're just weird mate. ;)

Can't wait for the sequel...in fact, my desktop background for the past few months has been a piece of fine Deus Ex 2 artwork.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
*feels like running away, crying, as he and friend are the only ones who disliked it*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.