GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:22
Regular
Thats right, remember it??

Its the game that was released to criticl acclaim and gathered numerous "Game of the year" tags from various magazines and websites. Now with Deus Ex 2 on the way, and promising to be "even more ground breaking than the first" I decided to buy this game, after a lot of deliberation (and seeing it in a shop for £5) , expecting to be in for a very cheap treat, oh how I was disappointed.

The game starts well, the training mission is helpful and the first real mision is also great, with all the sneaking about but after that....the game deteriorates, it just isn't enjoyable, tedious even. This may just be me, but its not...My friend also hates the game and he likes any first person shooter that you can move in (ie. all of them).

As the hype now begins for Deus Ex 2 and the anticipation to it being even better than the "world beating" original I must ask the question:

Did anyone actually like Deus Ex?? I didn't, and none of my friends did, yet it was an extremely well recieved game, maybe it was the RPG undertones, I don't know, but what I do know is that I am not on the Deus Ex 2 bandwagon and will be refraining from buying it.

Anyone else agree??
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Thats right, remember it??

Its the game that was released to criticl acclaim and gathered numerous "Game of the year" tags from various magazines and websites. Now with Deus Ex 2 on the way, and promising to be "even more ground breaking than the first" I decided to buy this game, after a lot of deliberation (and seeing it in a shop for £5) , expecting to be in for a very cheap treat, oh how I was disappointed.

The game starts well, the training mission is helpful and the first real mision is also great, with all the sneaking about but after that....the game deteriorates, it just isn't enjoyable, tedious even. This may just be me, but its not...My friend also hates the game and he likes any first person shooter that you can move in (ie. all of them).

As the hype now begins for Deus Ex 2 and the anticipation to it being even better than the "world beating" original I must ask the question:

Did anyone actually like Deus Ex?? I didn't, and none of my friends did, yet it was an extremely well recieved game, maybe it was the RPG undertones, I don't know, but what I do know is that I am not on the Deus Ex 2 bandwagon and will be refraining from buying it.

Anyone else agree??
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
I thought Deus Ex was fantastic, I found it got better as you go long, especially as you near the end.

How far have you got? It is a bit annoying at times, but I found the overall experience brilliant.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Deus Ex's free form exploration was kind of unique when it was released, but its been done to death so many times since and in some cases done better that you've probably played some of the newer titles that have been released, so Deus Ex feels old hat.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree FM, but I still don't think any game has matched up to Des Ex in that department.

I only completed it a few months ago.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:27
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I reckon I'm only about halfway through it, and I'm getting exremely ****** off, but my mate has completed it, and never liked it, he just kept going because he doesn't like to leave things unfinished.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I think the title was devised by a drunk developer
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
lol
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:31
Regular
I thought it was fantastic too, and unlike most games, it really does get better and better the further you get.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
Well, for me. :0)
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
*feels like running away, crying, as he and friend are the only ones who disliked it*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.