GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:22
Regular
Thats right, remember it??

Its the game that was released to criticl acclaim and gathered numerous "Game of the year" tags from various magazines and websites. Now with Deus Ex 2 on the way, and promising to be "even more ground breaking than the first" I decided to buy this game, after a lot of deliberation (and seeing it in a shop for £5) , expecting to be in for a very cheap treat, oh how I was disappointed.

The game starts well, the training mission is helpful and the first real mision is also great, with all the sneaking about but after that....the game deteriorates, it just isn't enjoyable, tedious even. This may just be me, but its not...My friend also hates the game and he likes any first person shooter that you can move in (ie. all of them).

As the hype now begins for Deus Ex 2 and the anticipation to it being even better than the "world beating" original I must ask the question:

Did anyone actually like Deus Ex?? I didn't, and none of my friends did, yet it was an extremely well recieved game, maybe it was the RPG undertones, I don't know, but what I do know is that I am not on the Deus Ex 2 bandwagon and will be refraining from buying it.

Anyone else agree??
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
darko wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Aside from the multi-player, TS2 is pretty rubbish.
>
> Desu Ex is so over rated, and there are far better FPS out there,
> like
> SS2.
>
> 1. TS2's 1 player is amazing and 2. Desu ex is a great game and is
> definitely not over rated

1. Why is everybody mis spelling Deus Ex???

TS2's one player isn't amazing, you haven't even got the game!
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:09
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Aside from the multi-player, TS2 is pretty rubbish.
>
> Desu Ex is so over rated, and there are far better FPS out there, like
> SS2.

1. TS2's 1 player is amazing and 2. Desu ex is a great game and is definitely not over rated
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Maverick42 wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> The thing i like is getting bonus points, however TS2 beats it.
>
> TS2 has a kick-ass multiplayer mode.. but that's it. The single player
> is pretty good but Deus Ex has 1,000,000 times more depth than it. And
> then some. It rocks. Oh, and the fighting is great.

Fighting?
TS2 has good 1 player?

Explain.
Sun 09/02/03 at 14:45
Regular
Aside from the multi-player, TS2 is pretty rubbish.

Desu Ex is so over rated, and there are far better FPS out there, like SS2.
Sun 09/02/03 at 14:34
Regular
J-42 wrote:

Ha! Is this an early April Fools? Comparing the single player modes in Desu EX and TS2 is like comparing Man Utd to Huddersfiled amateurs! Deus EX is my second favourite FPS of all time (lying closely behind Halo) and if you bother to pay attention throughout the game you will notice what an excellent game Deus EX is. I don't think it is fair to comment on Deus EX until you have completed it because then (and only then) will you realise what a master piece Deus EX is.

Don't get me started on TS2, this is one of the worst games I have ever played.
Sun 09/02/03 at 14:10
Regular
J-42 wrote:

TS2 has a kick-ass multiplayer mode.. but that's it. The single player is pretty good but Deus Ex has 1,000,000 times more depth than it. And then some. It rocks. Oh, and the fighting is great.
Sun 09/02/03 at 12:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
but i iz inteligent iz dat not y i can use da internet if i woznt how wud i b talking 2 u now
Sun 09/02/03 at 12:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, it is like an RPG, but it's not an old-style RPG with elves and dwarves which is probably why I enjoyed it so much.

I like shooting things like in Red Faction 2, but I prefer the RPG style of Deus Ex where I had to talk to people and find places etc. Comes down to preference in the end...

And whoever's more intelligent. {;)
Sun 09/02/03 at 11:10
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I suppose so, but if you want fast, frantic shooting, TS2 is the game.
Sun 09/02/03 at 11:07
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Its way too RPG for my liking, I like shooting things, not running around "talking" - pft, exactly why I hate Final Fantasy (no offence to FFF)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.