GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Learning to drive - Should we be able to drive from the age 16?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 14:45
Regular
Well all I have to say is in America, Austrailia, France and many more countries people are allowed to begin to drive cars or ride motorbikes, when over here the laws change about the age limit people are to learn to drive I think we should be able to drive from the age of 16.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:39
"slightlyshortertagl"
no replies then??????????????????????????????????
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:38
"slightlyshortertagl"
no replies then???????
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:10
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm 14..

I've already driven in lebanon.. legally.. i personally think that all over 14s should be able to drive but before that should have a personality test or something like that to make sure they are sensible and stuff.. other than that you'll get teenagers speedin round...

i sound a bit older than 14 but believe me i am.....

Whatisdainternet@aol
Fri 11/01/02 at 12:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Went to Tesco and they offered £695 for TPFT and the £900 for fully comp.
Fri 11/01/02 at 12:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> You have to be 21 to drink in America!

Which is why theres such a problem with Adults hanging around American schools taunting them with bottled water
Fri 11/01/02 at 11:59
Regular
No, you shouldn't, 17 is a decent age to learn to drive, the last thing we need is more school kids racing around in daddy's car, smashing it, killing their friends and making insurance prices rocket........
Fri 11/01/02 at 11:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Cheers Mr Gynaecologist. I was going to look around to get see if I could get it cheaper. Its up on the 28th Jan so still got abit of time to look around.
Fri 11/01/02 at 11:15
"I h8 ron atkinson"
adrian wrote:
> I got my insurance through today for my Fiesta R reg 1.25 Zetec. £715 for
> 3rd party fire and theft. This will be me 3rd year at having insurance. I
> started learning at 17 and now iam 19.

I think that the age for driving in
> this country is right. Americans can drive eariler but look at there roads.
> There wider than UK roads and are straight. The cars they use are auto's so no
> need to do much just press the gas and go.

Indeed! Btw you are getting done on your insurance!!!

I got a brand new ford Ka 1.3 fuel injection 2 weeks ago i only have 1 years No Claims and my insurance is £1088.88 and thats fully comp! Yeah i know thats more but the thing is if you have been driving for 3 years (remember whilst being a learner you cannot claim no claims bonuses) your insurance should be around £600 or less!

goto www.Tesco.co.uk they do really good insurance
Fri 11/01/02 at 09:45
Regular
Hi I'm back will316 is ready for anything you can throw at me! so goatboy you ready for round 2?
Fri 11/01/02 at 09:45
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
and how many people take notice of the 18 rating in the UK?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.