GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Living in Europe = Major Upsets :("

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 14:40
Regular
Can anyone tell me why Game Developers continue to give late release dates for Europe take Metal Gear Solid 2 for example to my knowledge it has been avalible way over a month and god knows how long its been out in Japan and to just find out its not out here now till March 8th becasue of an extra CD well thats their excuse well imo i think thats unfair. What do you think?
Sat 12/01/02 at 01:36
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
yep another thing to add to my rip off britain list
Fri 11/01/02 at 22:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Was reading about Final Fantasy 11 today. Apparently its going to be a game you can only play online. Thats fair enough but it gets to me how the Japanese and Americans can play to their hearts content for free while us mugs here will be paying stupidly large phonebills if we spend any decent amount of time on it !

Apparently we will be first to get online capabilities out of our PS2. Thing is if we're paying for it, damn right we should be ! At the end of the day though, we're still getting screwed over royally while the rest of the world is laughing. With the prices we pay, we should be getting all the games first too let alone online capabilities. I just feel sorry for all the people that love the final fantasy games and won't be able to play 11 because of their parents not letting them because of bills.

I've played online before and I've had some good times doing it - especially on Phantasy Star Online. But the money soon rakes up and a lot of it was spent just trying to get on the thing without being kicked off from bad connections or too many players on at once. It'd be nice if at least 1 company would show some loyalty to us for once, afterall we spend plenty of money here and what do we get in return ? Konami are at least giving us an extra disk with MGS2, but I'll be happier if I see an article titled "UK to get free online gaming !"
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:30
ermmmm woo hoo???
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:28
Regular
WE GOT WRC FOR PS2 BEFORE ANYONE ELSE

Fri 11/01/02 at 19:20
another major upset of living in europe is we are near france. :)

anyway it is pretty annoying having to wait for games that could be released earlier but just because the game has to be put in german, french, italian and luxembourgean or whatever we have to twiddle our thumbs and wait until we finally do get it
Fri 11/01/02 at 10:23
look at the situation with Twisted Metal Black the pal version has no movies so the story mode is pointless now that sux imo the game now not worth the money this is 1 game i would'nt mind them taking a month or so to edit out the footage rather than rush to release it :/
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:26
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Small point to 'The_King': it's measured in hertz, not megahertz!
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:18
Regular
My 14" TV plays NTSC DVDs in full colour and my TV is coming on 5 years old! I'm sure if this TV can play them, then surly a large majority of the population should have NTSC compatitable TVs.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
To The_King, somebody else pointed out we do have NTSC TV's which we do, and I was agreeing to them. Mine is NTSC compatable and will play NTSC perfectly. Most modern TV's are NTSC compatiable.

Actually after reading my orginal post of did say we do have NTSC tv, when I should have put NTSC compatable, which is different to a pure NTSC tv from America.

My Fault, knew what I meant but didnt explain myself.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:02
"You love us!"
OK. Most new PAL, and NTSC can play the
> other coding. The only real factor prohibiting the use of consoles in the wrong
> region is plugs. If its a simple factor of changing the plug; fine, but often
> you have to have, as you say, a step-down converter. These don't cost very much
> though.

True but it dones't matter if you go the TV they use on the Space Shuttle or the most advanced Sony TV in the world if you try and play an NTSC PS2 through the AREIAL socket it'll be in black and white. You need an RGB lead!

And my point was that not everyone has a TV that have both a Scart socket and can accept an RGB signal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.