GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Living in Europe = Major Upsets :("

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 14:40
Regular
Can anyone tell me why Game Developers continue to give late release dates for Europe take Metal Gear Solid 2 for example to my knowledge it has been avalible way over a month and god knows how long its been out in Japan and to just find out its not out here now till March 8th becasue of an extra CD well thats their excuse well imo i think thats unfair. What do you think?
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:40
Can anyone tell me why Game Developers continue to give late release dates for Europe take Metal Gear Solid 2 for example to my knowledge it has been avalible way over a month and god knows how long its been out in Japan and to just find out its not out here now till March 8th becasue of an extra CD well thats their excuse well imo i think thats unfair. What do you think?
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:42
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Not only has it been delayed for a "Making Of" DVD but it also includes European only features lincluding a new difficulty level and the ability to play trough the game as other chrarcters such as Ninja etc...

IMHO... Well worth the extra wait of two weeks!!
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
It hasnt been out long in Japan. Its not a that popular in Japan as they prefer games about dog walking or driving around cities in Buses. But in America its been out since 14/11/01.

Its delayed over here because we get a extra DVD and 3 extra game play modes. We may have to wait but our version will be the best around.
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:46
Regular
Quite Right D3AD_RAGE Japan always get there games before us and it is not fair at all. When a game is released in say Japan all the world should be able to purchase this aswell not just one country at a time. MGS2 is out in Japan so why not over here it is all messed up so who knows what is going to happen in the future.

The Game 2002
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:47
Regular
I agree with you dude we should get da games and da rest of da stuff at da same time.
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:49
i think that the compony that released the game is just playing with us
thay want to see how the games are seling in other country
and than maybe thay change something in the games for best or worst
but dont forget that sometimes the game is lanch faster the is usa like wrc
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:52
aren't they doing the same with FFX :/
Thu 10/01/02 at 14:58
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The other delay is regional coding... theres a big difference between US/Japan and Europe... Framerates, Screen Rez/Htz, the usual PAL, NTSC compatabilities etc and most of these involve more than just "tweaking" the game code.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:03
Tyla wrote:
> The other delay is regional coding... theres a big difference between US/Japan
> and Europe... Framerates, Screen Rez/Htz, the usual PAL, NTSC compatabilities
> etc and most of these involve more than just "tweaking" the game
> code.

The NTSC thing confuses me a little is it possable to just buy a NTSC TV here dumb question probable but its one i sure dont know the answer to.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:10
all the new tv now is multizone
so what the problem

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.