GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeder Drummer Dies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 12:12
Regular
From NME.com

JON LEE, drummer with Welsh rock trio FEEDER, has been found dead in his MIAMI home after committing suicide.

Lee, 33, was discovered on Monday (January 7).

Lee leaves a widow, Tatiana Englehart, the Brazilian model whom he married at a ceremony in Florida in 2000, and a son, Cameron. He had made his home in Miami after the wedding.

In a brief statement, Lee's distraught bandmates said simply: "We shall miss him more than melody. We're utterly devastated."

Lee, originally from Newport, formed Feeder with frontman Grant Nicholas in 1992 in south Wales. They moved to London in 1995 in search of success and hooked up with bassist Taka Hirose. Touring incessantly and building up a solid fanbase, the band finally broke through in 2001 with biggest hit 'Buck Rogers' the first single from their third album 'Echo Park'. Both the single and album peaked at Number Five in the UK chart.

The band had recently finished a tour supporting Stereophonicsacross Europe and before Christmas had scored another top 20 hit with the 'Just A Day E.P.'.
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
SK wrote:
>

--

Get some perspective. Thousands of people died today, most more horribly than this guy. He had a good life - he was part of rich band. Now I don't want to imply that I'm glad he's dead, or that I'm not sorry for his wife and children, but don't presume he's more important than any other person that died.
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:56
I really don't know what to think about the whole murder thing. It seems unlikely it was a murder, but suicide? Jon? He's got a wife and sun and said he was looking forward to a great long career that would last for at least 3 more years. Suicide doesn't fit. The whole hanging thing is a rumor which makes it hard to believe (rumors are usually fake) but murder is weird too. Here's the strangest part to me, they found him dead on Monday and only announced it today, and Jon's parents and wifre aren't saying anything and the band are asking people to give them the upmost privacy. Sure, they're bound to want privacy but to not say anything? It's weiard.

In any case, I'll always have a lot of respect for Jon. Rest In Peace my friend...
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:46
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:44
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Just wanted to pay "tributes" to Feeder guy, I only liked Just a Day but still.
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
I don't like Feeder and I never have, but that's terrible. My thoughts are with his family, friends and especially his kid.
Goodbye, Jon Lee.
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:23
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I really don't agree with people who say they have no sympathy for those that take their own lives. Depression is a very serious problem and people do, literally, suffer from it, as you might suffer from an illness. The decision to take one's life must be an indication of how seriously depressed someone was. It's not for us to judge Jon, or to say that we had no sympathy for him. Sympathy is all you can feel for someone who made such an impossibly hard decision.

Anyone who doesn't believe that Kurt Cobain killed himself should listen to In Utero. "Throw down your umbilical noose / so I can climb right back". Just one of many desperately depressed lyrics. And the final track. "All Apologies". I don't particularly like Courtney Love and she may have figured in Kurt's reasons for committing suicide but there is no doubt that it was a suicide. "In Utero" is one long suicide note and if you don't believe me just read the lyrics and listen to it.

I myself am not Feeder's biggest fan but I don't think that really comes into what has happened. It's always terrible when someone commits suicide. I think in the case of Jon it can't be anything else as there has been no suggestion of foul play and normally, if a suicide is even slightly doubtful the rumours start to circulate. I hope people set aside their own opinions of Feeder as a band and feel sympathy for Jon and his family; you may never be able to empathise but for the time being sympathy is all we can offer.
Wed 09/01/02 at 18:59
SHEEPY wrote:
> If he commited suicide I have absolutely no sympathy or anything for
> him...

He lives in Miami and has a kid, with a Brazillian model..., he is in
> a successful band that are awful... strange.

Feeder are boring, no idea the
> drummer would do that.

Anyway its a shame for his family and friends.

How can you say that feeder are boring maybe what you listen to is boring
Wed 09/01/02 at 18:30
Regular
"WWJD"
Feeder aren't boring and i don't think that he would commit suicide no way
Wed 09/01/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Blank wrote:
> Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Kid Rock wrote:
> Longy thinks it is not true and
> will ask SK later.
why
> would someone commit
> suicide when he is in a
> top band?

Kurt Cobain
> anyone?

Many people think he was killed.

Yep - many think that Courtney Love (his widow) murdered him, but there has been insufficient evidence to prove so. They also think that she wrote the "suicide note" that was discovered.

As for the death of Jon Lee, I am terribly shocked and upset. I was only watching him today on Kerrang!, with their "Can't Stand Losing You" song, and I thought "Wow - what a great drummer", and it seems so coincidential that he has been taken away from us. All the best people are taken away in their prime. I hope you will join me in this moment of silence for the Feeder's drummer.

Jon Lee: 1969 - 2002
Wed 09/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If he commited suicide I have absolutely no sympathy or anything for him...

He lives in Miami and has a kid, with a Brazillian model..., he is in a successful band that are awful... strange.

Feeder are boring, no idea the drummer would do that.

Anyway its a shame for his family and friends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.