GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeder Drummer Dies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 12:12
Regular
From NME.com

JON LEE, drummer with Welsh rock trio FEEDER, has been found dead in his MIAMI home after committing suicide.

Lee, 33, was discovered on Monday (January 7).

Lee leaves a widow, Tatiana Englehart, the Brazilian model whom he married at a ceremony in Florida in 2000, and a son, Cameron. He had made his home in Miami after the wedding.

In a brief statement, Lee's distraught bandmates said simply: "We shall miss him more than melody. We're utterly devastated."

Lee, originally from Newport, formed Feeder with frontman Grant Nicholas in 1992 in south Wales. They moved to London in 1995 in search of success and hooked up with bassist Taka Hirose. Touring incessantly and building up a solid fanbase, the band finally broke through in 2001 with biggest hit 'Buck Rogers' the first single from their third album 'Echo Park'. Both the single and album peaked at Number Five in the UK chart.

The band had recently finished a tour supporting Stereophonicsacross Europe and before Christmas had scored another top 20 hit with the 'Just A Day E.P.'.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:58
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's
> died, in the same way
> that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of
> three died from AIDS today,
> or something like that.

Exactly - I would
> feel no sympathy for someone with
> AIDS, as it's their own fault for
> "doing" the "dirty deed"
> in the first place.

Woah!
> Wrong end of the stick you're grabbing there! I think Stryke meant this comment
> as in he doesn't know this person, and they're just like everyone else that died
> on that day.

I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these
>
> diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault
> for
> doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different
> subject.

Man, I guess you're not old enough to remember the 'don't die of
> ignorance' campaign of the 1980's.

Nope, but I can guess what it's about.

"One of the most ill-informed, blinkered and just plain stupid statements I have read in a long time. You are now crossed off the list of "people I read".

Good day to you."

I knew that controversy would cause controversy and I was concerned about posting it, but I have a FREEDOM OF SPEECH, if you haven't realised. If you had any sense you would not judge me for my "ill-informed, blinkered and just plain stupid" posts, as they are put and stop being a baby. Many people contract AIDS through their own fault in not taking the correct precautions - deal with it!

"What about inherited AIDS? People can be born with the chance of contracting AIDS - do you mean to say that it's their fault? I find that sort of opinion sickening; people are dying worldwide because of a disease that can not be cured, and you dare to say that it's their own fault?"

Ah - now did I once say that people who recieve it through their parents' is their own fault? No I did not. I am entitled to my opinion and you may find it sickening - I don't particularly care what you think. It's a sad fact that if BOTH partners KNOW they have AIDS, they shouldn't really have children, because they are literally signing their childrens' death warrants. I'm sorry, but I feel very strongly about this subject. I can except a barrage of replies flaming me - so please - if you're going to do it, do it now.
Thu 10/01/02 at 10:45
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's died, in the same way that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of three died from AIDS today, or something like that.
that is not showing respect for the dead
Thu 10/01/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
What about inherited AIDS? People can be born with the chance of contracting AIDS - do you mean to say that it's their fault? I find that sort of opinion sickening; people are dying worldwide because of a disease that can not be cured, and you dare to say that it's their own fault?
Thu 10/01/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Salevaa wrote:
I would feel no sympathy for someone with
> AIDS, as it's their own fault for "doing" the "dirty deed"
> in the first place. I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these
> diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault for
> doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different subjec

----

One of the most ill-informed, blinkered and just plain stupid statements I have read in a long time.
You are now crossed off the list of "people I read".

Good day to you.
Thu 10/01/02 at 08:43
Regular
"not dead"
Salevaa wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's died, in the same way
> that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of three died from AIDS today,
> or something like that.

Exactly - I would feel no sympathy for someone with
> AIDS, as it's their own fault for "doing" the "dirty deed"
> in the first place.

Woah! Wrong end of the stick you're grabbing there! I think Stryke meant this comment as in he doesn't know this person, and they're just like everyone else that died on that day.

I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these
> diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault for
> doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different subject.

Man, I guess you're not old enough to remember the 'don't die of ignorance' campaign of the 1980's.
Thu 10/01/02 at 08:28
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's died, in the same way that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of three died from AIDS today, or something like that.

Exactly - I would feel no sympathy for someone with AIDS, as it's their own fault for "doing" the "dirty deed" in the first place. I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault for doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different subject.
Thu 10/01/02 at 07:51
Regular
I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's died, in the same way that I didn't feel sorry an African mother of three died from AIDS today, or something like that.
Thu 10/01/02 at 07:27
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"Why should I feel sympathy for him? Many people get depressed, more so than others... maybe he was a big depresent but for crying out loud he was a member of a successful band... he lived and had a home in Miami, he had a goddam Brazilian model as a wife and a kid... why should I feel sorry for him..."

The guy was successful - did he have any reason to kill himself? A lot of stars do this (Kurt Cobain, Richey Edwards possibly) but feeling sympathy and being upset are two different things. As mean as it sounds, I feel no sympathy for stars that commit suicide, but I sure as hell wish they wouldn't do it.

"He's the one that left a wife and his child behind, along with his family... he may have made fans on the band as yourself feel upset... you see what I'm getting at?"

How could he leave his wife and kid behind? I could never do something like that to the ones I love. He must have had some deep depression or something none of us know about to do that. Also, if he was set up and murdered, then my deepest sympathies are with him.

"When Richey Edwards (Richey James?James Edwards) whatever version of his name from the Manics, who are my favourite band disappeared... possible suicide or went do-lallie and fled with his money... I don't feel sorry for him... I think the guy was great but his last actions are selfish... leaving his family and bandmates in that situation... okay?"

I have always been baffled about the Richey Edwards "incident". I believe that he is ran away and is possibly still alive. On the other hand, part of me believes that he ran away and killed himself on the run. The man cut his chest - there was definately something wrong with him. Again, how could he hurt his family like that?
Thu 10/01/02 at 03:36
First off i feel sorry for everybody around the guy and to some extent i feel sorry for him. He must have had a good reason to do it, even though on the outside he had a good life.

Secondly i've read throw all of the replies to this topic and i suggest that however posts the next comment to take a deep breath and relax. This thread seems to be mostly filled with people having a go at each other rather than people paying repects (if they want to) to the drummer of Feeder.

Darkreaper
Thu 10/01/02 at 01:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Never knew the guy.
Never liked Feeder at all, found them derivative, bland and nothing worth listening to.

I feel sorry for his family and friends, but apart from that I have no opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.