GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeder Drummer Dies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 12:12
Regular
From NME.com

JON LEE, drummer with Welsh rock trio FEEDER, has been found dead in his MIAMI home after committing suicide.

Lee, 33, was discovered on Monday (January 7).

Lee leaves a widow, Tatiana Englehart, the Brazilian model whom he married at a ceremony in Florida in 2000, and a son, Cameron. He had made his home in Miami after the wedding.

In a brief statement, Lee's distraught bandmates said simply: "We shall miss him more than melody. We're utterly devastated."

Lee, originally from Newport, formed Feeder with frontman Grant Nicholas in 1992 in south Wales. They moved to London in 1995 in search of success and hooked up with bassist Taka Hirose. Touring incessantly and building up a solid fanbase, the band finally broke through in 2001 with biggest hit 'Buck Rogers' the first single from their third album 'Echo Park'. Both the single and album peaked at Number Five in the UK chart.

The band had recently finished a tour supporting Stereophonicsacross Europe and before Christmas had scored another top 20 hit with the 'Just A Day E.P.'.
Wed 09/01/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
SK wrote:

Did I even ONCE say that I thought he was more important than other people? No. I said I respected him. And I have every right to be upset, to mourn, and to post my comments over his death.

As I have...

shut up and pay your respects.

What... so I've to pay my respects to someone I didn't know? and your forcing me to pay respects to someone who killed themselves (maybe not) and made music which didn't touch me.

Hmm
Wed 09/01/02 at 22:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
SK wrote:

Heh...

Depression is an illness I agree but many in life cope with it without harming those around them...

Now why don't you bloody listen to what I'm trying to say:

I know your a massive fan of Feeder so thats why you seemed to have taken my comment to heart but...

IF he did kill himself - Notice the IF

Why should I feel sympathy for him? Many people get depressed, more so than others... maybe he was a big depresent but for crying out loud he was a member of a successful band... he lived and had a home in Miami, he had a goddam Brazilian model as a wife and a kid... why should I feel sorry for him...

He's the one that left a wife and his child behind, along with his family... he may have made fans on the band as yourself feel upset... you see what I'm getting at?

When Richey Edwards (Richey James?James Edwards) whatever version of his name from the Manics, who are my favourite band disappeared... possible suicide or went do-lallie and fled with his money... I don't feel sorry for him... I think the guy was great but his last actions are selfish... leaving his family and bandmates in that situation... okay?

Now maybe you have taken in that and won't reply with some pathetic excuse of trying to break the swear filter...

Of course if the bloke was murdered, or Cobain or Edwards then that is horrible and I feel pity for them as someone has taken a good life away from them.

There.
Wed 09/01/02 at 21:30
Regular
He did die from hanging but it does still seem a bit suspicious
Wed 09/01/02 at 21:25
Anybody listen to the Jon Lee dedication on Radio 1? Grant's comments were really moving.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:57
"I wish I realized when you were still alive
Make peace inside my head... Forgiven..."

Feeder - Forgiven
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
SK wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> SK wrote:
>

You are a sick A55 Son of a B1tch. Now
> isn't the
> time
> to talk about you taste you D******d. Have some
> F*cking respect.

--

Get
> some perspective. Thousands of people died
> today, most more horribly than this
> guy. He had a good life - he was part
> of rich band. Now I don't want to imply
> that I'm glad he's dead, or that
> I'm not sorry for his wife and children, but
> don't presume he's more
> important than any other person that died.

Did I even ONCE say that I
> thought he was more important than other people? No. I said I respected him. And
> I have every right to be upset, to mourn, and to post my comments over his
> death. It's a tragedy and a major loss. Yes, other people have died, but do I
> know any of them? If I had known them in any kind of way, then I would mourn
> over them and be upset just like Jon's death, so until you can come up with wise
> critisisms, shut up and pay your respects.

R.I.P. Jon.

I can understand Stryke, in that people have died worse than Jon did, but SK is a HUGE Feeder fan (having followed him for 6 years), so I think he has a justfyable reason for emotion. SK - let it all out, shed a tear or two if need be. He will be missed.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's true about Cobain - TV said, so it must be. Just look at 'All Apologies', that's where they were heading.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:21
Stryke wrote:
> SK wrote:
>

--

Get
> some perspective. Thousands of people died today, most more horribly than this
> guy. He had a good life - he was part of rich band. Now I don't want to imply
> that I'm glad he's dead, or that I'm not sorry for his wife and children, but
> don't presume he's more important than any other person that died.

Did I even ONCE say that I thought he was more important than other people? No. I said I respected him. And I have every right to be upset, to mourn, and to post my comments over his death. It's a tragedy and a major loss. Yes, other people have died, but do I know any of them? If I had known them in any kind of way, then I would mourn over them and be upset just like Jon's death, so until you can come up with wise critisisms, shut up and pay your respects.

R.I.P. Jon.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"I really don't know what to think about the whole murder thing. It seems unlikely it was a murder, but suicide? Jon? He's got a wife and sun and said he was looking forward to a great long career that would last for at least 3 more years. Suicide doesn't fit. The whole hanging thing is a rumor which makes it hard to believe (rumors are usually fake) but murder is weird too. Here's the strangest part to me, they found him dead on Monday and only announced it today, and Jon's parents and wifre aren't saying anything and the band are asking people to give them the upmost privacy. Sure, they're bound to want privacy but to not say anything? It's weiard."

That makes me think - was foul play involved? I can't blame Feeder themselves and Lee's family for wanting to reserve their privacy - who wouldn't? Just look at Gordon Brown and his wife - they also want privacy. It's so easy to look at that it's not even coincidential.

"Kurt Cobain wanted to write glorious pop songs, but his record company wouldn't let him as grunge was all the rage. If they had carried on though, there's a chance they could have been awful - just take Ash for example."

Cobain, pop - Bah! I can't imagine that. Sadly, had he gone down the road to pop, he'd probably still be with us today. Albeit he'd be crazy, he'd probably still be alive. I heard Candy and thought that Ash were one of those "polically correct", commercial bands like Hear Say - what was I thinking!?
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
>I wonder where Nirvana would be if he hadn't shot himself??

Kurt Cobain wanted to write glorious pop songs, but his record company wouldn't let him as grunge was all the rage. If they had carried on though, there's a chance they could have been awful - just take Ash for example. Petrol, 1977 and Nu-Clear Sounds are fantastic grunge/rock. That new one, crappy pop for crappy popsters, I mean 'Candy' - what were they thinking!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.