GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeder Drummer Dies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 12:12
Regular
From NME.com

JON LEE, drummer with Welsh rock trio FEEDER, has been found dead in his MIAMI home after committing suicide.

Lee, 33, was discovered on Monday (January 7).

Lee leaves a widow, Tatiana Englehart, the Brazilian model whom he married at a ceremony in Florida in 2000, and a son, Cameron. He had made his home in Miami after the wedding.

In a brief statement, Lee's distraught bandmates said simply: "We shall miss him more than melody. We're utterly devastated."

Lee, originally from Newport, formed Feeder with frontman Grant Nicholas in 1992 in south Wales. They moved to London in 1995 in search of success and hooked up with bassist Taka Hirose. Touring incessantly and building up a solid fanbase, the band finally broke through in 2001 with biggest hit 'Buck Rogers' the first single from their third album 'Echo Park'. Both the single and album peaked at Number Five in the UK chart.

The band had recently finished a tour supporting Stereophonicsacross Europe and before Christmas had scored another top 20 hit with the 'Just A Day E.P.'.
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:01
Regular
"You've upset me"
Veering from the subject. Just a few things I'd like to say.

Sally, that's sick. A hell of a lot of women contracted the disease from being raped by enemy soliders. Is that their fault? No. That's a disgusting attitude.

Nirvana: Courtney Love is currently campaigning to release a song by Nirvana "You Know You're Right" which shows that they were heading very much in the "pop" direction. Apparently it's a damn good tune.

Richey James: I was shocked when I heard he'd disappeared, especially the night before they were due to do a HUGE gig. I personally believe he killed himself on the run. But, other than the fact that he was a brilliant lyricist, I have no real opinions on the matter.
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:10
Stryke wrote:
> I'm being a bit cynical, but that sounds like a money-grabbing idea. Sigh.

No, when the media constantly go on about deaths and do offers, then that's a money grabbing idea. When you're best friends that you've known for 16 years and have been in the same band as him for 9 years hangs himself, you do it out of respect. I would if I were Grant.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:32
Regular
I'm being a bit cynical, but that sounds like a money-grabbing idea. Sigh.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:26
I've been informed that Feeder are apparently to do a Jon Lee tribute CD which will contain 3 tracks selected by the fans, one of which will contain a video of home footage of Jon. Like I saidm the tracks and video will be selected by the fans, and I'll let you know the address when everything is up and running.

In the mean time, I have the address for a feeder fan's tribute guestbook where condolences can be left. All messages attacking Jon will be deleted.

The address is:

http://pub4.bravenet.com/guestbook/show.php?usernum=340702735

R.I.P. Jon
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Stryke wrote:
> Sally, can you please stop quoting the entire message? I'm going to give up
> reading your posts soon. I don't care if you want a big word count. Select only
> the bare essentials.

Ok - it's a habit I need to get out of and no, it's nopt because I want a nice big word count - I am better than that. Let's all put our little argument below behind us and respect this topic and Jon Lee. Mark.
Thu 10/01/02 at 18:55
Regular
Sally, can you please stop quoting the entire message? I'm going to give up reading your posts soon. I don't care if you want a big word count. Select only the bare essentials.
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Stryke wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's
> died, in the same way
> that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of
> three died from AIDS today,
> or something like that.

Exactly - I would
> feel no sympathy for someone with
> AIDS, as it's their own fault for
> "doing" the "dirty deed"
> in the first place. I sure as
> hell wish that they wouldn't contract these
> diseases (whether I know them
> or not) but it's most likely their own fault for
> doing so. It could be
> rape, but that's an entirely different subject.

--

No, no, no, you IDIOT!
> How is it someones fault for contracting AIDS, you tart. I was just commenting
> that other people died today, like Meka pointed out. But you are a strange
> person, Sally.

I take it you ignored the below post by me? I was saying that if two people knew the other one had aids and they still had sex, then it's their fault for contracting AIDS, because they already knew that their partner had it.

What you said was:
"Exactly - I would feel no sympathy for someone with AIDS, as it's their own fault for "doing" the "dirty deed" in the first place. I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault for doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different subject"

A blanket statement highlighting your ignorance and misunderstanding of the subject.
No distinction on the various methods it may be caught - just a sweeping condemnation.
Your views are your views, and you are justified in speaking them.
Just as I am justified in saying that I found that remark offensive in the extreme.
But I'm a big boy and the easiest way to deal with this is to not continue.
Just don't try and stand on your podium by backtracking on your original message."

I am willing to agree that I worded it badly, and I didn't mean to make it sound that insensitive, but as I said above, if two people knew the other one had aids and they still had sex, then it's their fault for contracting AIDS, because they already knew that their partner had it. Yes, I should have been more specific with what I said, but I am anything but ignorant on the subject. I am willing to apologize for my "offensive" comments to everyone if anyone else is bothered but Goatboy, I offer you an apology. Unlike many others, I am being the gentlemen about this and we're working this out rationally. On a final note, I can backtrack to my original message if I wish, despite your views.
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Salevaa wrote:
Ah - now did I once say that
> people who recieve it through their parents' is their own fault? No I did not.

---

What you said was:
"Exactly - I would feel no sympathy for someone with AIDS, as it's their own fault for "doing" the "dirty deed" in the first place. I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault for doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different subject"

A blanket statement highlighting your ignorance and misunderstanding of the subject.
No distinction on the various methods it may be caught - just a sweeping condemnation.
Your views are your views, and you are justified in speaking them.
Just as I am justified in saying that I found that remark offensive in the extreme.
But I'm a big boy and the easiest way to deal with this is to not continue.
Just don't try and stand on your podium by backtracking on your original message.
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:11
Regular
Salevaa wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's died, in the same way
> that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of three died from AIDS today,

Exactly - I would feel no sympathy for someone with
> AIDS, as it's their own fault for "doing" the "dirty deed"
> in the first place. I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these
> diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault for
> doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different subject.

--

No, no, no, you IDIOT! How is it someones fault for contracting AIDS, you tart. I was just commenting that other people died today, like Meka pointed out. But you are a strange person, Sally.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> I agree, I don't feel sorry that he's
> died, in the same way
> that I didn't feel
> sorry an African mother of
> three died from AIDS today,

Exactly - I would
> feel no sympathy for someone with
> AIDS, as it's their own fault for
> "doing" the "dirty deed"
> in the first place.

Woah!
> Wrong end of the stick you're grabbing there! I think Stryke meant this comment
> as in he doesn't know this person, and they're just like everyone else that died
> on that day.

I sure as hell wish that they wouldn't contract these
>
> diseases (whether I know them or not) but it's most likely their own fault
> for
> doing so. It could be rape, but that's an entirely different
> subject.

Man, I guess you're not old enough to remember the 'don't die of
> ignorance' campaign of the 1980's.

Nope, but I can guess what it's about.

"One of the most ill-informed, blinkered and just plain stupid statements I have read in a long time. You are now crossed off the list of "people I read".

Good day to you."

I knew that controversy would cause controversy and I was concerned about posting it, but I have a FREEDOM OF SPEECH, if you haven't realised. If you had any sense you would not judge me for my "ill-informed, blinkered and just plain stupid" posts, as they are put and stop being a baby. Many people contract AIDS through their own fault in not taking the correct precautions - deal with it!

"What about inherited AIDS? People can be born with the chance of contracting AIDS - do you mean to say that it's their fault? I find that sort of opinion sickening; people are dying worldwide because of a disease that can not be cured, and you dare to say that it's their own fault?"

Ah - now did I once say that people who recieve it through their parents' is their own fault? No I did not. I am entitled to my opinion and you may find it sickening - I don't particularly care what you think. It's a sad fact that if BOTH partners KNOW they have AIDS, they shouldn't really have children, because they are literally signing their childrens' death warrants. I'm sorry, but I feel very strongly about this subject. I can except a barrage of replies flaming me - so please - if you're going to do it, do it now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.